Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I know there are some people (not less) who go to Thailand for getting their steroids because they're legal in Thailand and available in almost every pharmacy without a prescription.

Do Thai people have an opinion on this? If so, do they think it's wrong or do they see it as a source of income

Thanks
    I don't know what thai people think about this but I do have a related question about getting prescriptions in thailand.

When ever I get sick in Thailand, I describe my symptions to my g/f and she runs off to the pharmacy. When she returns she normally brings back several small bags filled with pills (whather these pills are antibiotics or ibprofin I do not know). I do not go see a doctor but some how she obtains prescription meds for me.

Other times on the way back to the U.S. I see alot of farangs poping valum out of their small thai RX bags.

Do the pharmacies in Thailand just had out pills to just anyone who requests them? I'd think with the problem of the popular "ya ba" in thailand they would not give pills to anyone with out a doctors consent. How do prescriptions work in thailand?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Thanks
    I also heard about that.

As far as I know mostly Americans go to Thailand to buy steroids. There's also a famous American bodybuilder, Dennis James, who has a house in Thailand and stays there a couple of months each year.

What do Thai people think about it I think they don't care...or am I wrong?

Ajink Guest
    I think its time to go to Thailand and get the ans to this question ...

Thanks
    Good idea. Fortunately I will be in Thailand in about 3 weeks from now

Thanks
    I know this post is going to draw quite some disapproval, but it's just my opinion, hopefully no one gets too offended.

I am not in favour of banning/restricting drugs i.e. erimin, ecstasy, ketamine, heroin, marijuana etc. I'm not saying I promote the consumption of such drugs but I feel that the option should be left to the individual. If an individual chooses to consume such substances at his/her own peril then so be it. It's that person's own life anyway, the choice should lie with him/her. The same goes for suicide. Again, I do not promote nor condone such behaviour but I feel that choice is something we are born with, and last I heard, we own our own lives so the choice should be ours.

So back to the original question, I think there is nothing wrong with that. The choice is with the consumer. And before anyone says that the choice is not truly with the consumer because once he consumes these substances, he will be addicted and will have no choice but to continue consumption, I will say that the choice is still with the consumer because he knows that if he were to start consuming such drugs, he will be addicted.

Anyway the last part is just a pre-empt to a possible counter-argument.

delawang Guest
    Makiyo, I agree with you completely. Criminalizing drugs has been a terrible mistake. I hope that one day society realizes how wasteful and destructive the war on drugs has been, but I am not optimistic. Society seems to need a scapegoat, and there are too many people who would be out of work if drugs were made legal.

I think antibiotics need to be controlled by society, as is done in the USA but not Thailand. If antibiotics are used recklessly, everyone suffers. With uncontrolled use, germs develop resistance and all people suffer. Also, I think athletic competition needs to be kept free of steroids. This is not strictly a legality issue, but it is a moral dilemma. If you allow everyone to take steroids, an athlete who wants to stay natural has no chance of competing. Allowing steroid use in competition would force people to take them, and that isnt right.

People take steroids for all sorts of reasons. Tim Sylvia, a heavyweight mixed martial arts competitor, was banned from competition for a year because of steroid use. He said he took steroids because he wanted to look better. Tim is in incredible athlete but he looks kinda pudgy. That bothered him enough to risk his career.
    If someone made me an offer like You can either look good in swimming suit or be thirty pounds overweight and have takedowns like Tim Sylvia Id be hunting down some pizza right now. I guess it is all a matter of priorities.

Thanks
    This is an interesting topic and I left it alone until I seen the post Makiy0 made. I think she has the strongest point and many of us deep down do agree with her. To make something illegal simply means you now have people trying to push limits due to the illegal taboo involved. There are many people I know personally who have never been a tobacco smoker yet we have tried smoking marajuana. Another good example is compare how much alcohol people purchase, and consume prior to the age of 21 then after they are legally old enough (here in the US). Most of my friends do not drink, but when we were teenagers we did very heavily. The old saying in America is rules are written to be broken.

I am however curious about the pharmacy issue to though. I noticed both times returning people had muscle relaxers, and one guy had a large amount of Xanax returning to the US from thailand, and yes they were medication from Thailand. How exactly is the drug system set up? Because my family doctor here in the US gives nearly any prescription requested by me yet, he would never give a script for more than 30 pills of Darvocet. A man on the plane had a huge bottle and it musta had 100-150 pills in it. It confused me at the time too.
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    Yes, it comes down to the individual. My point is the impact on society that drugs and alcohol have when used in excess.
    There are drugs that will alter the way a person thinks not only at the time of use, but also, after the effect wears off.
    When this different way of thinking effects my life because someone decided to use drugs or alcohol it is no longer their choice.:O

Thanks
    I think making drug's illegal is a big mistake here in the US..
    Just because it's illegal makes the younger generation want to do it more....

i had a friend that grew up in south america where there is no drinking age.... Not him or his friends had ever tried... But I think in the US, kids try something just because it is illegal..

Thread Information