Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rub Bua Festival: 26-29 October 2012

They have recently started advertising the dates for this years Rub Bua Festival in Bang Phli. It is 26-29 October 2012. The main event is on the morning of the last day. You need to be at Wat Bang Phli Yai Nai along the canal by at least 7 a.m. Be prepared for thousands of people in the crowd. In the days running up to this event there should also be boat racing and other activities. I will be posting maps, tips and a full schedule on this thread soon. (Incidentally, the Chonburi Buffalo Races are usually the same day and as they are only an hour or so apart it is easy to do both events.)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Rub Bua Festival: 26-29 October 2012

This first satellite image shows you the start (1) and finish (3) of the Rub Bua boat parade. The district office is at (2) and the parade pauses here for a ceremony led by the provincial governor. I will be going to all three locations. I first park my car on Theparak Road and take a short cut lane to the starting place for the parade. Once the boat passes I go back to my car and drive around to Wat Bang Phli Yai Klang. I then walked down through the temple to the district office. Once the boat passes here I then walk to the end of the parade route. You have plenty of time to do this.

This is the start of the boat parade at Wat Bang Phli Yai Nai. The dark lines mark the positions of the thousands of spectators. Good place to take pictures of the crowds but you need to come early. Don't stand on the bridge as they clear it as the boat comes. The dotted line is the market and there is limited viewing from here.

This shows the district office (2) and the end of the parade where the boats do a u-turn (3). At the end of the parade there is the least number of people and easier to find positions to take pictures. There is also no-one stopping you on the bridge.

------------------------------------------------
    Festivals in Samut Prakan

Thread Information