Thread: Respect Policy

Thanks

Respect Policy

Effective immediately, we are enforcing a RESPECT POLICY to be observed by every member of this site. Posts should bear a respectful tone. While we encourage differences of opinions as they make for rich and interesting discussions, these should be expressed in a polite way. This means that members should NOT make statements that are offensive, insulting, provocative, abrasive, mean-spirited, abusive, racist, and inflammatory. A breach of this policy will lead to an appropriate infraction to be determined by the Moderators.

TQA Moderators Team

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TQA Moderators Team For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (23-01-13), guava (23-01-13), Khun Don (22-01-13), Mahindrasarath (22-01-13), Marie (23-01-13), Rori (22-01-13), Susana (22-01-13), xfiles20001999 (24-01-13), yy (22-01-13), Zakk (23-01-13)

Thanks

Re: Respect Policy

Ok now i understand, give me a infraction about a difference of opinion then post the Respect policy,basically saying no difference of opinion or we will side on who we prefer, or in other words do not have a difference of opinion with a mod or former mod.

Nice to see there's an equally level playing field on this forum. Maybe an idea is to private message someone a warning first before issuing an infraction, then to say next will be a permanent ban! Little harsh overreaction one thinks. Or am i now gonna get into trouble for having an opinion about this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ian71 For This Useful Post:

xfiles20001999 (24-01-13)

Thanks

Yes, there has been a lot of bickering on many forums as of late. Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree, one of the longer running forums, even shut down for a month to regroup.

We should all try to give our opinion, then move on. If clarification is needed, OK. Otherwise, we need to get over ourselves.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (23-01-13), Marie (23-01-13), xfiles20001999 (24-01-13)

Thanks

I have a few questions about this:

Does this apply to moderators as well or just regular members?

What if the person is trying to be funny, as in a joke only?

Also, how is it determined to be "offensive?"

If I as a member take it to be offensive, is that enough or does it have to be offensive in the eyes of the moderators?

I am just curious, I am sure others have the same questions but do not want to post them.

Thank you all. I love this forum! I would hate it do be turned into something else.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xfiles20001999 For This Useful Post:

billyboy (25-01-13), Marie (24-01-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles20001999 View Post

Does this apply to moderators as well or just regular members?
    It applies to members and moderators alike.

What if the person is trying to be funny, as in a joke only?
    Also, how is it determined to be "offensive?"
    If I as a member take it to be offensive, is that enough or does it have to be offensive in the eyes of the moderators?
    Coming from different cultures, it is sometimes difficult for members to discern if a remark is meant as a joke or not. It is best to play safe and avoid making jokes at the expense of others, especially if you don’t know each other well. "Offensive" statements are those that use vulgar, foul, strong, scornful language; or call names; or will likely embarrass or insult the other person. It is very difficult to list down all situations that can be labelled "offensive" but any member may report a post which they find offensive and that post will be deliberated on by the Mods.

Please take note that the spirit behind the policy is to encourage members to make positive, constructive, and responsible posts. We likewise wish to minimise the incidence of 'bickering' that has plagued many forums, as cited by Curt.

Furthermore, we request that from now on all complaints against any particular member/s be done through PM to avoid embarrassing anyone. The Mods reserve the right to delete any post of that nature.

As for us Mods, we vow to be judicious. If you're not happy with our decisions you can appeal to Richard Barrow, the Admin of this site.

Let's have a more pleasant atmosphere in this Community!

Thanks Xfiles for your questions.
    Last edited by TQA Moderators Team; 25-01-13 at 05:54 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TQA Moderators Team For This Useful Post:

mikeheart (26-01-13), xfiles20001999 (27-01-13)

Thread Information