PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Dao and Burma 2013 trip.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Dao and Burma 2013 trip.

Hi everyone,

I am now two weeks into my one month holiday and travelling trip,i will be posting lots of photographs when i return home but for now just an update how things have been working out. The flower festival in Chiang Mai was amazing so beautiful, after there i went to the Orphanage in Chiang Dao with about two hundred teddy bears and cuddly toys for the children, a party for them was organised by my friend Mallee and with fellow farangs i have known from last time we gave the children a great day.

Now i am in Myanmar, i have a few stories to tell later, tomorrow i fly to Inli lake that is a place i enjoyed so much last time and will be doing a lot of pictures there. But i will post the Myanmar trip in that thread when i get back, but for now all has been going well and i am so happy to be back in Thailand and Myanmar.

Thank you, i will update soon.

Billy.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Betti (14-02-13), guava (14-02-13), Khun Don (14-02-13), Marie (16-02-13), mikeheart (15-02-13), ninjanin (21-02-13), Nu (15-02-13), oeshidez (30-03-13), Susana (14-02-13), ThaiBoyAe (19-06-13), wilma (01-04-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Re: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Dao and Burma 2013 trip.

Hope you are having a great time billy and looking forward to your trip report....
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

billyboy (21-02-13)

Thanks

Just keeping it brief, i am back in Yangon tomorrow, and i am looking forward to having two evenings taking photographs at Shwedegon Pagoda. When i return home in just over a week i will start to give a more in depth report from my trip around Thailand and Burma in the relevant threads, but for now things have been great, i have met some lovely people from all over the world and things could not have been better.

Thanks,

Billy.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (19-02-13), Khun Don (19-02-13), Marie (19-02-13), mikeheart (21-02-13), Susana (19-02-13), wilma (01-04-13)

Thanks

Today i have just flown Bagan Airways from Inli lake area via Mandalay back to Yangon.Flying does not bother me but just besides the road to He Ho airport at Inli where i flew from with Bagan was the wreckage of Bagans plane that crashed on xmas day with some people losing there lives, it was covered with a blue tarpaulin but it rattled me a bit, it turned out both flights today where a little hair raising or maybe it was my imagination.

Billy.

Thanks

those flights are scary even on a good day, I remember a sudden drop and many passengers vomiting, etc, glad you are ok. enjoy the rest of your holiday, can't wait to see your photos. I haven't been out of Yangon (well, apart from all those visa runs abroad, that is), there is never enough time, maybe next year.
    (sorry I'm hopeless keeping in touch, figured better not to meet up, people always disappear after meeting up because I'm just a failure and disappoint everyone, and I cannot put up with yet another one of these train wrecks at the moment.)

Thanks

Hi Betti,

You are right about people being sick, there where several on board one of the flights, it was extremely turbulant with what seemed like huge drops in altitude that nearly had you rising from your seat, i was well glad that flight was over. Tomorrow i am back in Bangkok and looking forward to some good food, i have struggled a bit here with the food. I just had breakfast here in my hotel, one banana a coffee and i asked for a boiled egg, it was completely raw, pretty grim for 50 dollars per night.

Billy.

Thanks

told you to stay at the Fame hotel instead :-) that does sound like a dump.
    all apartment rental prices are going up like crazy as well, already at western European prices, more expensive than BKK. everyone is so desperate. lucky you are getting out of the housing problem so quickly :-)

Thanks

Betti,

Hotels here by me are now selling hallway floor space for ten dollars per night, it is crazy. Seems like if someone needs a place and a piece of floor in a hallway is free then you pay ten dollars, pretty dangerous i think, places crammed to bursting.

Billy.
    Last edited by billyboy; 21-02-13 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added info

Thanks

not surprised. wishing you better luck in Thailand.

Thanks

Wow,

How fast one month goes, only a few days left in Bangkok before i go home but tonight i am visiting the Robot Bar for a meal where a Japanese robot serves you and also dances,i will try get some pictures and video if it is not to busy.

Billy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Susana (23-02-13)

Thread Information