PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Bangkok or phuket?!?!?
    Thanks

talking

Hello there!!
    I am planning a trip with my friends to Thailand next year and we are VERY confused! We need some help in deciding whether to stay in Bangkok or Phuket. We are looking to do some cultural activities. If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful!
    Thanks so much!!

Thanks
    Those two places are very different - the first the seatplace of the Chakri dynasty and home of temples, museums and shopping plazas. The latter is a beach resort with beautiful natural scenary. Most people would do both. I suggest you arrive in Bangkok and stay there a day or two before heading down to the beaches in Phuket.

Thanks
    Thanks for your help Sawatdee! Does your name mean Hello in Thai? I can't wait to visit Thailand in February, there are just so many things to organise! I'd love to visit both Bangkok and Phuket, however I've heard if you are going to do both, to save Bangkok last due to all the shopping you can do. This saves carrying it all around? Are there any other major places anyone can suggest that are beautiful, cultural and natural parts of Thailand? What are your favourites for people who have never visited?
    Thanks a million!!

Thanks
    I think you should take a look at our highlights page:

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/highlights.html

Also, on this forum, people have posted their own highlights:

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/cgi-bin....SF;f=13

There are a number of places to visit in and around Bangkok. Many of these can be done as a day-trip. I guess if you are planning on buying a lot of things you should leave Bangkok to last.

Yes, "sawatdee" means hello in Thai.

Thread Information