Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

thumbs up Easy Thai Cooking….. in Western Kitchen

I want to create the place where we can come and share ….your love of thai foods, with many easy thai cooking recipes, goody tips and techniques,…. of how to still have those wonderful and delicious thai foods outside Thailand. AND with ingredients that can be found readily in local supermarkets and asian grocery stores near where you live.

I hope to share my experiments over the years of living here in the US, and learn from others too.

Welcome to the first “THAI AROY AROY CLUB” …..everyone!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to busybee For This Useful Post:

billyboy (19-05-13), guava (07-05-13), Mahindrasarath (07-05-13), Marie (07-05-13), Nu (07-05-13), siamruby (07-05-13), Susana (07-05-13), xfiles20001999 (16-05-13)

Thanks

Re: Easy Thai Cooking….. in Western Kitchen

Thats good ideas busybee, I also had the idea want to post the thread with this similar topic, but couldn't find the time, thank you. This is how we're going to express our cross cultures, I also really enjoy Thai food and I've tried to cook myself too. And I appreciate Richard who's always posted about his daily food, it's look pretty good and " Yummy" licking fingers all the time.

Thanks

^
    Well it’s time for “those fingers licking good” of our own here and more, without having to be in Thailand!!!
    We will make him and everyone overthere be ….sooo greeeeen with ENVyyyyy……HAHA

Thanks

stir fry Thai beef basil - sandwich

Awhile ago I made this ever famous “stir fry Thai beef basil”. But somehow before that I had the urge of eating a sandwich, so I decided to try out my first thai beef sandwich. It turned out pretty yummy, with the pepperjack cheese in small French loaf. The pics look as good as it tasted…jing jing ka
    Sometimes I like to make the thai dish with a twist, something likes a hybrid thai dish with addition of local western ingredients into the mix. Anyone wants the recipe, just let me know
    (click pic - to zoom in for better view)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COOKING1-1-2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	18885

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to busybee For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (07-05-13), Rori (07-05-13), Susana (07-05-13), xfiles20001999 (16-05-13)

Thanks

Thanks busybee here we've got some chicken and prepare for the hot chicken with basil, for the lunch and maybe I'm going to invite friend come to my house for dinner to night.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,919 Posts

The basil pepper stir fry is my favorite. I never thought of making a sandwich of it with pepper jack cheese. MOVE OVER PHILADELPHIA! (Philly cheese steak)

Thanks

^Mahindrasarath: I hope you enjoyed your time with your friends (any thai food on the menu?)
    ^Susan: U r right.....but tastier and healthier here, don't you think so? haha

Thai Peanut Sauce Salad
    We usually buy the “Maesri” (thai brand), and have found to be the best taste for us. It’s about $1.19 a can(4 oz) at our asian grocery store (quite widely available brand here). Good for sate dipping, or delicious salad dressing.
    My hubby is a Chinese Indonesian, so he likes to add boiled egg & potato on his salad also. In Indonesia , it’s called “Gardo Gardo”. I think the Thai Peanut Salad was originated from Indonesia, they have all sorts of peanut salad over there, much more so than in Thailand. Super easy dish to make for yourself at anytime!

Below is how we usually make it…
    Just open it and microwave for 30 secs with some lid cover, otherwise it will splash all over.
    Add…1 Tablespoon peanut butter – for thicker and sweeter
    Add…1/3 cup coconut milk – if you like it a bit creamier
    Add...fresh hot chilli / or dried chili powder - for spicier

Name:	4531310181.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	18886 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02465.jpg 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	18887
    Last edited by busybee; 09-05-13 at 04:52 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to busybee For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (09-05-13), Nu (10-05-13), Susana (09-05-13), xfiles20001999 (16-05-13)

Thanks

Busybee, I definitely think your version of the sandwich is healthier. I haven't had a bite of a Philly steak sandwich for many, many years, and even then it was just a very small portion. My version would most like likely have mushrooms as the 'meaty' item. When I go to a Thai restaurant with my daughter or a friend, I often order the traditional dish with chicken. But when you invite me over for lunch I'll gladly indulge in whatever you make. I can see that you must have good food on a regular basis.

I have seen the maesri brand satae sauce but never tried it. It's good to know I can keep that in my pantry for when I need it in a hurry. I also have a yummy homemade recipe which can be portioned out and frozen. I'll share it another time.

Thanks

Inspired by Nu's post in another thread I finally harvested beet greens from the compost bin. Incidentally, there are also peas growing there from the hulls I tossed in last summer. At this rate I may one day have a perennial garden from me compost pile!

Along with the beet greens, I threw in a bit of kale which has survived the winter. After a soak and a couple of rinses, I chopped some garlic, heated olive oil and threw the garlic in. Don't you just love the smell of garlic sauteing in a pan? And then there's the pop sizzle sound of throwing in the greens, damp for their bath. Even the anticipation is delicious!

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	18893 They've finished cooking, and I would take another picture except that I'm too busy eating!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

busybee (12-05-13), Nu (10-05-13)

Thanks

^ ha....nothing more exciting than listening to your garden fresh dancing on the pan!
    + I have always found that our own garden fresh veggies are always much sweeter and crunchier than the store bought.

Thanks for sharing Susana.....pls keep them coming

15. The Following User Says Thank You to busybee For This Useful Post:

Susana (12-05-13)

Thread Information