Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Thai Curry - Cracking coconut cream or how to fry the curry paste?

Hello Netik,this is how I cook curry (Indian ,Hindu style). 1) Grind onions,garlic peper etc and add
    curry powder to make the paste. 2) Fry it in hot vege oil, add meat and fry on medium heat for a few minutes. If you use fresh coconut, great ,add hot water and squeez to get cocnunt milk, add to
    the meat. If you are using cocunt cream, add hot water to the meat ,slice the cream into the pan with meat and hot water and cook on medium heat. You can also add potatoes and other ingredients. Hope this helps. I buy these stuff in tropical shops in Rotterdam.

Thanks

@Rori, Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by rijmond View Post
    Hello Netik,this is how I cook curry (Indian ,Hindu style). 1) Grind onions,garlic peper etc and add
    curry powder to make the paste. 2) Fry it in hot vege oil, add meat and fry on medium heat for a few minutes. If you use fresh coconut, great ,add hot water and squeez to get cocnunt milk, add to
    the meat. If you are using cocunt cream, add hot water to the meat ,slice the cream into the pan with meat and hot water and cook on medium heat. You can also add potatoes and other ingredients. Hope this helps. I buy these stuff in tropical shops in Rotterdam.
    Dear rijmond, Thank you very much. You are indian? Great, I love indian curries too! In fact, I often eat dinner in a takeaway where an indian guy and his thai wife are cooking, so I don't always exactly know wether the food is indian or thai =) However it is quite disappointing, that no matter how often I try to cook these dishes, my stuff never is as tasty as theirs :(

For example, these curries:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68znd2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	19234
    The white coconut okra dish. He told me it's just okra cooked in coconut milk. There are also curry leaves and onions. So I tried to make it, but it turned out..different and I have no recipe for it as I don't have the name. The brown curry I have no idea what it could be. He also can't tell me more about it, cause it's his secret and I respect that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tao48z.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	19235
    The yellow curry is fish, and there mustard seeds. But I have no idea how this curry could be called.

Thanks

Hi Netik, I am Indian but not from India so we cook different. Try this chicken curry: grind or finely
    chop onions,garlic, add curry powder or massala and make a paste (add a bit of water). Fry paste in hot oil (vegee) ,add chicken,fry for a few mins then add hot water and boil until cooked.Salt to taste, cook on medium heat.Add herbs and spices of your choice. Also potatoes or other vegees
    The hot water is for the sauce and prevent the meat from burning so you can decide how thick you want your sauce. This is very basic so it should not be a problem.Just follow , bye.

Thanks

Great thread -now if only someone would go round some of the Thai restaurants here in the UK and teach the chefs how to do this then maybe eating out would become a more pleasurable experience. And at same time that someone could also get rid of the sugar bowl!!
    I know Bkk food is often sweeter than that from other areas of Thailand, however it is my experience that most UK chefs hail from Issan where there is little sugar used.
    Maybe a new thread on the ups and downs of Thai restaurants outside LOS-and experiences of where an authentic meal can be had.

PS dont say in my THai partners kitchen LOL.

Thanks

For big pieces of chili in the paste, I think it would not be a problem for its taste but it just look not beautiful by having a big pieces of chili in a curry.

by www.chiangmaithaicooking.com
    Last edited by ThaiCookingChiangMai; 08-09-13 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks

1. Oil can come from both the thick coconut milk or the vegetable oil. If your coconut milk not thick enough(not have oil in it), you can add more vegetable oil.
    2. Red color oil happen when you fry oil with chili paste.

If you like, I think your should add more chili paste to make it have more red color and spicy :-)

by www.chiangmaithaicooking.com
    Last edited by ThaiCookingChiangMai; 08-09-13 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information