PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Isaan Inspired, Isaan Based Sak Yant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Isaan Inspired, Isaan Based Sak Yant

Just thought I would share a few of mine, inspired and designed in Isaan, but the work was actually done in the USA, with great care and oversight to look, and be, as authentic and traditional as possible.

The designs are all a result of my time (multiple times, actually) ordained as a monk (yes, a farang monk) at a temple about 4-5 km east/northeast of Kalasin, Wat Pa Matchimwat. The only exception are the tattoos of all of my childrens' names on my right shoulder.

Anyway, here they are.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ORMojo For This Useful Post:

trangam (02-10-13)

Thanks

Re: Isaan Inspired, Isaan Based Sak Yant

Sweet!

Not Issan inspired, but here is my traditional Sak Yant, Phaya Kai Fa of the Metta Maha Saneh .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July August 2013 004.jpg 
Views:	1577 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	19321
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post
    Just thought I would share a few of mine, inspired and designed in Isaan, but the work was actually done in the USA, with great care and oversight to look, and be, as authentic and traditional as possible.

The designs are all a result of my time (multiple times, actually) ordained as a monk (yes, a farang monk) at a temple about 4-5 km east/northeast of Kalasin, Wat Pa Matchimwat. The only exception are the tattoos of all of my childrens' names on my right shoulder.
    Very intricate designs and seem well thought-out. I wonder how long it took to ink your tattoos? And since they were done in the US, was there someone looking closely to check on the accuracy of the Thai writing?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bassai View Post
    Not Issan inspired, but here is my traditional Sak Yant, Phaya Kai Fa of the Metta Maha Saneh .
    So beautiful, the way the script gracefully follows the contour of the design.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

bassai (20-10-13)

Thanks

It's nice! I think think Sak Yant was influenced by Khmer coz I seen there're Khmer script in there, the Khmer alphabet consonants in each blocks, for example most of Thai monks used to write the consonants" No, Mo in Thai Na, Mo" it's mean father and mother and" Bhuddho" mean guru....! I ever seen the photos collection of American journalist the pictures of young soldier 1970 had the yantra tattoo or on the piece of clothes, the believe to protect themselves from the bullet, curiously the distinguished the communists soldier"KR" never had yant tat on their bodies or yantra, except the memories of allied to Vietcong. However this cults was influences by Bramanism and it's correlate in the ancient Khmer and Siam society.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Edited by mods: Incomprehensible l
    Last edited by TQA Moderators Team; 15-10-13 at 07:40 PM. Reason: see above remarks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mahindrasarath View Post
    It's nice! I think think Sak Yant was influenced by Khmer coz I seen there're Khmer script in there, the Khmer alphabet consonants in each blocks, for example most of Thai monks used to write the consonants" No, Mo in Thai Na, Mo" it's mean father and mother and" Bhuddho" mean guru....! I ever seen the photos collection of American journalist the pictures of young soldier 1970 had the yantra tattoo or on the piece of clothes, the believe to protect themselves from the bullet, curiously the distinguished the communists soldier"KR" never had yant tat on their bodies or yantra, except the memories of allied to Vietcong. However this cults was influences by Bramanism and it's correlate in the ancient Khmer and Siam society.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Since the days of King Naresuan (稾йҪ), Thai soldiers have sought protection in the power of Sak Yant and the wearing of amulets. Thai soldiers were nicknamed “Taharn Phee” (ü) or "Ghost Soldiers" by the allied forces during WW2, Vietnam,and Korean wars, because of their tattoos and amulets.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guava For This Useful Post:

Mahindrasarath (16-10-13), Marie (15-10-13)

Thanks

Thank moderator for deleted that.
    The two kingdom seem like allience and foe in the history, but Siam missed the account of assistance from Khmer fought with Burmese. They should add about the fact, even the history of Middle East back to near a thousand year B.C they still keep the fact of records as in Christan Bible.
    Last edited by Mahindrasarath; 15-10-13 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

Well i'm reading in the history book originally wrote by European( Portugais and Spanish) most of event in the reign of king Naresaun(dark king), lil bit contradict to what Thai history interpreted at that time. The Burmese dynasty name Bayin Naung 1580 ruled over Siam, the Siam king son name Naresaun was at Hangsvati, one day he he bowed respect Burmese king, the Burmese king saw that he has four hands, made the Burmese king thought that he's not like as commonly person( deity?) so he sought to kill him, he escaped to Ayodhya, Burmese persuaded him, and he sought the help from Khmer as in the treaty 1574 a.d, the king I Satha had send Srisuriyopor to help, after defeated Burmese Siam didn't please....... I think in Thailand maybe they have different story about that event.

Thanks

Thanks Marie.
    I'm really happy with it and am going to go back to get another one from the same Ajhan. This was done by hand, in the traditional method, but with metal, not bamboo, needles. The other pictures I tried to upload with the Sak Yant didn't go through. The writing is Khmer as Mahindrasarath mention

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130724_163155.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	19335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130724_155525.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	19336
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

Hmmmmm you showed me yours.... so I'll show you (one of) mine

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guava For This Useful Post:

bassai (20-10-13), emu (21-01-14)

Thread Information