PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
In Bangkok now looking for teaching position - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: In Bangkok now looking for teaching position

Hi Khonrai,

It's been about 9 months since you posted this thread and I'm very curious to find out how your teaching career is turning out.
    I'm 53 years old and planning (hoping) to move to thailand in about a year. While there, I'd like to keep myself financially afloat for several years until I can tap into my IRA. Teaching English seems to be a viable option for me, so I'm trying to get as much insight from those (especially the 50+ age group) who've been able to make English teaching career happen.

Thanks

Hi

Yes I have I have been teaching since Nov.

there is a post on here about my teaching I think it is titled OMG what did I do
    I am in class now will try and get link later.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

I'm just curious: with a working visa is it possible to freelance as a private English tutor? Tuition is a big thing in Singapore n private tutors can often earn more than a teacher employed in a school. Or does one have to be employed by a registered company to get a working visa, which I imagine would be d case?

Is permanent residency offered in Thailand?
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Hi

with the changing rules and regs you need a teachers license to get a teachers work permit.
    either through the school or an agency or do your self but school has to provide the necessary
    paperwork. many teachers do tutor after class and on weekends for extra cash
    many private tutors do not have work permit of license. I wonder how the visa crackdown will affect them

and you must have a four year degree from an accredited University or college

It is very hard to stay in thailand there is no such thing as permanent residency even with retirement visa you have to check in every 90 days

5. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

yy (31-07-14)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Maybe this is a question that has been explained numerous times before: will it not make more sense for d government to grant pr to foreign spouses? That will mean foreign resources get to stay in n grow d local economy...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Hi

Yes YY makes sense to me but I am not thai
    also it would make sense to make it so much easier for qualified teachers to get work permit. and long stay visa if Thailand wants to be competitive in Asean but I am not Governement I have common sense LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

There is such a thing as Permanent Residency in Thailand, but it takes time and money to obtain and is only open to 100 applicants from each country each year. http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/...-residency.php

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

yy (31-07-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

YY, no fast link to permanent residency for foreign spouses has been my major complaint (just about only complaint) for a long time. I have sometimes wondered if the government thinks they can prevent marriage between Thais and foreigners with their policies. Maybe they will re-consider their archaic policies sometime in the future.

Thanks

Hi

I should try and ask the ruling Junta they seem able a willing to make snap or quick decisions.
    any one know where their suggesion box is?t

12. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Susana (31-07-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Facebook?

Thread Information