Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Where do you prefer to eat your Thai food ?

Thai food is really attractive, some have flavor as my country, but many are different in taste. It is appealing. I am planning to travel Thai in next month.

Thanks

Hello Jucifer. Where will you stay in Thailand and when. Billyboy and I are already in Thailand and our friends Spirit and his wife from TCB , also from Vietnam arrive on the 25th July. The food here is delicious but very different from yours. Hope you enjoy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,541 Times in 1,830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jucifer View Post
    Thai food is really attractive, some have flavor as my country, but many are different in taste. It is appealing. I am planning to travel Thai in next month.
    Welcome to the forums!

Jucifer, I assume you are Vietnamese? In my country both Thai and Vietnamese cuisines are in high demand and are ranked on the same level of popularity. However for some reasons I don't understand, Vietanemese food tends to be more expensive.

I patronize both. But when I feel like having hot soup only I go for Vietnamese pho. Can never go wrong. I have more favorite Thai dishes, though. Tomyum tops them all.

There's a newly opened small Thai restaurant near my office whose owner used to be a lecturer at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Bangkok, and so the ingredients are all authentic Thai which he personally purchased. Lately I tend to frequent this eatery. His tomyum is fantastic, plus he gives me free dessert as he likes to chat with me about Thailand, especially about AIT which I am also familiar with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    Hello Jucifer. Where will you stay in Thailand and when. Billyboy and I are already in Thailand and our friends Spirit and his wife from TCB , also from Vietnam arrive on the 25th July. The food here is delicious but very different from yours. Hope you enjoy
    I will visit Bangkok again to enjoy specialties that I have not tasted in last trip. If you visit Hanoi, Vietnam, I am willing to introduce specialties here because I am in Hanoi now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

Jucifer, I assume you are Vietnamese? In my country both Thai and Vietnamese cuisines are in high demand and are ranked on the same level of popularity. However for some reasons I don't understand, Vietanemese food tends to be more expensive.
    Vietnamese food is more expensive, because in Thailand, Vietnamese food is a foreign dish, so I think it is reaason why it is more expensive but when you visit Vietnam, Thai food will tend to more expensive.

Thread Information