Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Where do you prefer to eat your Thai food ?

I prefer my mom's house! :-D anytime I attempt to make certain dishes.. just doesn't tastes like hers! Still practicing though! Thank goodness for YouTube.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Hey Ruby,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533zz.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	19830 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0512z.jpg 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	19829
    One of my favorite places to eat Thai food, The 4 Sisters Kitchen.

Name:	IMG_0506zz.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	19831
    Some of the team (L to R), Sister number 1, Tim, her son, Kanoon and Husband, Top.

Name:	IMG_0541zz.jpg 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	19832
    Where it all happens....

The 4 Sisters Kitchen is located in the Pratumnak Hill area, Soi 5. Pratumnak Hill sits between Pattaya and Jomtien Beach.

I have been coming here for at least 5 years and Tim's Thai Panang Curry with Chicken (Panaeng Gai) is really worth ordering.

Name:	IMG_0534zz.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	19833 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0502z.jpg 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	19834
    Top and Tim on the job.......

This is a very nice family business.......and of course, great Thai food.
    Last edited by fileeep; 06-02-14 at 04:43 PM.
    “ The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. ”
    - Chinese Proverb

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

billyboy (10-02-14), Marie (13-02-14), siamruby (08-02-14), Susana (13-02-14)

Thanks

Fileeep, I enjoy local roadside restaurant just like the one you've posted. However I'm not too familiar with the area ( even you said it's Soi 5 ) haha...a map would be greatly appreciated so I could try to go there when I'm in the area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to siamruby For This Useful Post:

fileeep (14-02-14)

Thanks

Hi Ruby,

I must agree, I think these types of places are the best to experience great Thai food, I just love them.

Name:	map-pattaya-page-condoindex.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	19858
    The Pratamnak area is marked in red above and as you can see, it is located between Pattaya and Jomtien beach.

From Pattaya, a 60 baht fare on a motor-cy taxi will get you to Pratamnak Soi 5. Every motor-cy driver will know where it is.

As for the 4 Sisters Restaurant…..

Name:	4 sisters 1 copy copy.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	19857 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 sisters copy.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	19856
    For now…….it is the second last Restaurant on your left, travelling down towards the beach end of Soi 5.

I say, for now, because every time I go back, there are new buildings and shops going up everywhere. I hope you and Josh do get a chance to visit and I would like to know what you both think of the food. If you do, say hello to Tim from me, she will get such a thrill.
    “ The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. ”
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks
    Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fileeep View Post

say hello to Tim from me, she will get such a thrill.
    By what name does she know you?

Have a fans club there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    By what name does she know you?
    Fileeep!, of course……that’s my name.

As soon as Ruby started this thread, there was so many places I want to mention that I regularly dine at. I told Tim about the thread and asked her if I could post her photo on the internet, she was very excited about the idea that her restaurant would be mentioned. When I return, I will show her the photos.

And if someone went in there and said hello from ‘fileeep!’ after seeing the 4 Sisters on the internet, I know she will be very happy about that…….

With the other places, I will ask them first, before I post their photos…..
    Last edited by Marie; 15-02-14 at 05:20 PM.
    - Chinese Proverb

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

siamruby (15-02-14)

Thanks

This was one of the main articles posted on bigpond.com in Australia this morning.

23 pages of Thai recipes, with 18 recipes on each page, except the last page....there is only 2.....wow!

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/reci...ai-Food_140214
    - Chinese Proverb

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

Susana (12-07-14)

Thanks

Other places I like to eat Thai food--the rhaan khao thom around the corner from the Tokyo Hotel in Ubon-just past a great little Hokkien coffee shop-great muu krob pak canaa and stir fried clams with chilli and basil-also in this road is a fab Vetnamese place- was doing tapas style portions b4 tapas became the in kind of food here in the UK.
    OK so what I would also like to know --is are there any good authentic Vietnamese restautants here in the UK so far I have never found any Viet restaurants worth a second look.

Thanks

I agree with siamRuby in that it is hard to find "authenic" Thai food in the USA. Most of the food seems to be sweetened.

If you are ever in the Denver, CO area there is a restaurant named "Woody's Wings and Things" (they just inherited the name and were too cheap to change it) on the corner of Lowell and 68th that has some of the best Thai/Lao food that I have ever found in the USA. The restaurant is owned by some Laotians, and is a favorite of the Thai/Laotian population in the Denver metro area.

The food is better than some of the food you get in Thailand. Definitely worth trying if you are in the area.

RickThai

Thanks
    Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,937 Posts

The last Thai restaurant I went to was in North Carolina. Since my daughter moved to a new city to finish her studies (at last!) we have been trying Thai or Vietnamese restaurants and find we are more satisfied with Mexican! Anyway, the last restaurant was one I had found scouting around while she was at work. I picked her up and told her I had found a Thai restaurant and I had a feeling it was going to be authentic. Our hopes were high.

The owner operators were so very friendly. The husband, who works during the day at the Research Triangle Park led us to our seats, gave us our menus and said in an offhand manner that they were out of rice, but not to worry because they could substitute noodles (actually bean threads).

I asked if they were cooking more and that we were willing to wait. No, they hadn't had any all day as it hadn't been delivered. No explanation was given as to why they didn't pick some up at the local grocery store. We were hungry and it was getting late so we ordered something, chatted some more, paid and left. I don't even remember what we ate and don't think we'll be back again.

Another one bites the dust!

Thread Information