PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Learning traditional instruments in BKK?
    Thanks

Learning traditional instruments in BKK?

Does anyone know where it is possible to learn traditional Thai music in BKK? In particular I am interested in Khlui and ANY of the Thai hand drums, especially Klang Yao or Klang Kaek (used in Muay Thai music). I have not been able to even find music theory books so far, mostly just song books. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mystic.White.Tiger For This Useful Post:

Marie (23-12-13)

Thanks

Re: Learning traditional instruments in BKK?

I got with a beautiful Thai gal who I particularly liked to spend money on. Wow was she worth it! Very refined, sweet, easy on the eyes...oh, your question, sorry, got distracted. She actually was studying this discipline at a college of arts. I don't recall the name but it was easy walking distance from the Burger King on Kao San Road. Maybe someone knows this?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

I think you must mean Silpakorn University. www.suic.org

You can search for Silpakorn University Faculty of Music on Facebook also, and maybe post a question there.

Thanks

Hello. I'm graduated from The College of Dramatic Arts. My major is Traditional Thai music(String). I can teach you basic about Khlui and Thai hand drums. or I can introduce you to my friends or my master, who can teach you in higher level.

If You're Interested, please contact me at (email removed by Moderator, you can contact via PM)
    Right now, I'm studying about Culture at Mahidol U. I love helping foreigners to learn Thai culture better.

About the book of Thai music , There are description of Thai music written by Terry E. Miller in "The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music: Vol. 4, Southeast Asia" (with Sean Williams as Co-Editor). New York: Garland Publishing Co., 1998./ I hope this will help you .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5848559.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	19646
    My English is not good, sorry about that.
    Last edited by David_Loves_Ubonwan; 09-01-14 at 08:00 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wankaomai For This Useful Post:

Susana (09-01-14)

Thanks

If You're Interested, please contact me at Private Message (I didn't know about the rule to disallow post email address,sorry)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wankaomai For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (09-01-14), Susana (09-01-14)

Thread Information