PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Thirteen Hotels in 28 days !! My Holiday in Thailand
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Thirteen Hotels in 28 days !! My Holiday in Thailand

Hi everyone and Happy New Year

Thanks "billyboy" for the invite for drinks on New Years, sorry we couldn't make it.

Over the next few days, I will post details of my latest Holiday to Thailand.
    Any Hotels I mention, I have posted more detailed reports on Trip Advisor. along with some of the must see sights. Search for the Hotel or see My profile as James R Ennis, Ireland.

The Journey begins ... Shannon Airport to Heathrow, then BA to Bangkok.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 The journey begins.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	19723

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homejames For This Useful Post:

billyboy (01-02-14), fileeep (01-02-14), Khun Don (01-02-14), Marie (01-02-14)

Thanks

Re: Thirteen Hotels in 28 days !! My Holiday in Thailand

Arrived mid morning at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand at the end of 2013 to a cool temperature of 26 degrees celsius.
    After collecting my luggage, which had made its way, unhinderd, via Heathrow Airport, from Shannon Airport, I easily passed through passport control and customs. Met my darling Jintana, and we were whisked into Bangkok by Limousine Express to The Moonite Boutique Hotel, Wireless Road, near Lumpini Park.

I Arrived!
    Name:  2 I arrived.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  11.8 KB

Too early to check-in, we had a light lunch in the Hotel Cafe, as we waited for our room to be ready.
    Spent two nights, and explored the area, which was within walking distance of Central World and other major Shopping areas. No sign of any trouble as people prepared for "The Countdown" to the New Year.

Road past Central World
    Name:  3 Road past Central World.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  17.8 KB

Encouraging me to Drink ?
    Name:  4 Central World.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  21.4 KB

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homejames For This Useful Post:

billyboy (01-02-14), David_Loves_Ubonwan (01-02-14), fileeep (01-02-14), Khun Don (01-02-14), Marie (01-02-14), Susana (01-02-14)

Thanks

Hi Homejames, but tell me more as i really need to know how u can spend a month on Holiday and need to change hotels every 2 days on average????? i hope you enjoyed yourself,

For me i find it fairly stressful having to change hotels every 2 weeks or so,i try to stay same place for a month and make it homely if i can, the thought of packing then unpacking again, forgetting stuff, Phone chargers!! getting taxis and buses, flights to next destination!!!! for me a holiday is about relaxing!

I hope you had a great time, but unless im missing something, a bit more planning of duration of stay in different places could do with some work on, as for me travel is not a part of my holiday. My holiday starts when im unpacked and made my accommodation as homely as possible.

Thanks

Hi ian71
    A year of thought and three months of planning. I'm always on the move in my day job and find it hard to sit still for very long. Some stops were for more than two nights, and Yes, I had as great time.
    More reports and photos to follow ...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homejames For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (01-02-14), Marie (01-02-14), Susana (01-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Travel time is not usually part of my holiday either, Ian. Maybe when (hahaha) I can afford to travel 1st class.

But more importantly I need to learn to relax the night before travel. I'm fairly laid back in my real life, but somehow the thought of getting stuck in traffic on the way to the airport and missing my plane seems to change me. All the long distance trips I've taken seem to require waking up at 4 am and although I never oversleep I always worry about doing so before a plane trip.

Which gives me a thought that maybe we need a thread (not this one of course) on how to deal with travel stress. I can't start one today. I'm beginning a road trip within the hour.
    Last edited by Susana; 01-02-14 at 05:35 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

homejames (01-02-14), Khun Don (02-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    Which gives me a thought that maybe we need a thread (not this one of course) on how to deal with travel stress. I can't start one today. I'm beginning a road trip within the hour.
    "Travel stress", what's that?

For me the ideal holiday would be travelling from place to place by trains.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

homejames (02-02-14), Khun Don (02-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

I've long wanted to travel by train. Maybe I've seen too many old movies, or maybe it was those first six years living two houses from a train track. I'll have to do it in another country, though, if ever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (01-02-14)

Thanks

New Year Party time !!

We left The Moonite, by Taxi, to pick-up a Rental Car from Budget at Don Muang Airport. Because of language and mis-understanding, my reservation had been cancelled!! After showing my correspondence, and phone calls to Head office, we eventually got a much better Car (Toyota Camry) for the same price as a Mid-level Car.

Then on to Jintanas Home in Bangpood, Pathumthani, for New Year and meeting all the Family. An Air-con unit had been installed in a new room, in anticipation of my visit ... I was honered.
    Exchanging of Gifts, and New Years Eve Dinner, and the look on the face of "Paper", Jintanas Nephew (2years old, the newest member of the family) when he opened his gift, was a highlight of the Holiday.

Papers big smile, with Nun, Jintanas older daughter.

Name:	Happy Paper.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	19743

After New Year, we travelled with Jintanas daughters and niece, for a weekend in HauHin. On the way, we stopped at Maruekhathaiyawan Palace, which was only half accesible, due to renovations.

The girls, before, and covering up before we could enter the Palace.
    Name:  HauHin.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  12.4 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	19740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	19739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	19741

We stayed at Sahwan Boutique Resort, a new hotel on the outskirts of town, massive rooms, a pool, mediocre breakfast, and ongoing work to be done with regard to services.

We also visited Huay Mongkol Temple, a special place; humbling and great photo ops.
    Name:  HauHin Temple.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  14.3 KB

Lunch after the Temple visit, we went to Veranda Lodge, a Hotel we stayed in some years ago, right next to the beach.
    We didn't see much else of the beach because the girls were more interested in shopping ... Perlwan, Venice something, and Night market.

Back then to Jintanas house for a night, before We jetted of with NokAir, from Don Muang Airport to Udon Thani, for three nights. Arrived safely, and this time, Budget had our booking for a medium sized car.
    We were met by a friend of Jintana, who acted as our Guide to our next resting place, Thomas Udon Thani House & Resort. On the outskirts of town, run by Thomas, a German expat, and his wife and her Family.

Tourist thing we did was Ban Chiang archeological site, to the west of Udon, again with Jintanas friend acting as guide.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homejames For This Useful Post:

billyboy (02-02-14), fileeep (06-02-14), Khun Don (02-02-14), Susana (04-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    Travel time is not usually part of my holiday either, Ian. Maybe when (hahaha) I can afford to travel 1st class.

But more importantly I need to learn to relax the night before travel. I'm fairly laid back in my real life, but somehow the thought of getting stuck in traffic on the way to the airport and missing my plane seems to change me. All the long distance trips I've taken seem to require waking up at 4 am and although I never oversleep I always worry about doing so before a plane trip.

Yes-mine tend to start around 4AM as well then it is worry all the way until the plane takes off-sometimes 7 or 8 hours later-if on time!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Susana (04-02-14)

Thanks

More Photos;
    Huay Mongkol Temple, Walking through The Elephant, seven(?) times for Luck

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	19745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	19746

More

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	19747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	19748

Lunch at the Beach

Name:	Veranda Beach.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	19749Name:  Lunch at the Beach.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  19.8 KB