PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Paul_au is on the market again. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Paul_au is on the market again.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    The problem is his "Me, me, me!" point of view.

I was single, and emotionally self sufficient, my first half century.

I saw my wife as someone I wanted to care, protect and provide for.

Wanting nothing in return, I have been rewarded a thousand times over.
    That statement puzzles me greatly.
    I can understand caring, but PROTECTING & PROVINDING I dont.
    Women in the west in the demographics I go out with, are more educated than men on average, more educated than me, in fact most earn more than the average man in my demographic. http://content.time.com/time/busines...015274,00.html
    I don't find young childless women any more disadvantaged than men in the same demographics, since it has been scientifically proven they earn more than men on average.
    I just don't see how you can be rewarded by getting nothing in return for providing
    I just don't see the sense of providing for people who earn more than most men & I don't see the REWARD of disadvantaging your self even further to advantage some one else who is even more advantaged than your self.
    I persionaly come from disadvantage, I feel the sence for me to enjoy a relationship, I need to be provided for by a women, or at least go 50:50 & respect equality in a relationship.
    From my exsperiance, seeing many of my male friends, when they stop providing for there women due to either Health problems of loss of employment, there wives of girlfriends don't stick around.
    There is no pleasure in me having a women only stick around just for the free meal ticket.
    I'm sure in the west there are many good women, but there are equale just as many bad women & since the divorce rate is approximately 50% & if you lose your ability to provide before aged pension age, that divorce rate reaches near 90%. I feel I just don't want to be respect just for my ability to provide, because. That means your only sticking around for money & if I lose that ability, your quite happy to leave me destitute.
    So there is no garantee by getting married you will have any one when you die.

Thanks

Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    That statement puzzles me greatly.
    I'm sure most of us would assume that it would be completely beyond your comprehension ...
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

visionchaser45 (08-12-14)

Thanks

Hi

the true measure of a person's worth when they die is not how much they have or if a multitude mourn them but how many peoples lives you have changed for the better through your actions and words with no thought of any reward Just doing because it is the right thing to do.

I find great joy and happiness in giving to others.with no thought to myself. Not talking always about money but giving ones self. Maybe that is why I am so poor "materially" but rich mentaly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    Hi

the true measure of a person's worth when they die is not how much they have or if a multitude mourn them but how many peoples lives you have changed for the better through your actions and words with no thought of any reward Just doing because it is the right thing to do.
    I can assure you I have no intention of making people's lives better when I'm gone. My money is going to the Animals. At least they appreciated me when I'm alive. My cockatoo is 49 years old & it looks forward to seeing me every day.

Thanks

When your girlfriend is a Doctor on US$260,000 a year & there still making issues about the man paying for dinners on every outing, when they don't consider taking turns as fare, To me that is a total sexist double standard & I won't put up with being discriminated against based on gender. I remember picking her up in my 911 Porsche one day & her doctor friend at the hospital told me she can't find any good men out there. I said I would introduce her to one. The next day I introduced her to a good man, one of the hospital orderlies who works hard but is only on a minimal wage, she told me your joking, I told her he is a good man, she told me she needs some one who earns more than she does. She was already on a huge income, the fact she only based men of having any value, if they were capable of providing for her to a life style above what she already lives, which is a bmw & a flash apartment, that disgusted me. When so many women in my circle of friends, base men purely on there ability to provide, then I have to test them on a date & that is splitting the bill for the first month at least. I always offer to pay my own way & that's more than I can say for some of these cheapskates I have been out with.

Thanks

Finances aside, please tell us what it is you bring to the table?

Is it your charm and sophistication? Are you simply a true alpha stud?
    Last edited by Curt; 09-12-14 at 04:01 AM.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Finances aside, please tell us what it is you bring to the table?

Is it your charm and sophistication? Are you simply a true alpha stud?
    I can assure you I have equale charm & sofistication to match that of any woman. What I bring to the table is the fact I don't have is a sexist double standard, I'm willing to do my own share regardless of gender. What I don't like is when women who earn as much or more than most men, then demand special privilages like having there entertainment exspences subsidised based on gender, these women are only taking from the table, they bring nothing. My purpose in life is not to entertain women just because they get bored easily.
    Unfortunatley they see my beautiful house, my fancy cars & instantly there attracted to a preceaved life style, they think they should be accustomed to. I know 100% none of these women would go out with me without there perceiving a financial benifits by having a relationship with me, that's why I have zero respect for them.
    Unfortunatley I bring to much to the table & they want to exspoit me because of it.
    I look at it this way, If I had all the charm in the world, I would appear invisible to these women without the money, and that goes for the poor ones as well. I don't see to many men who live on the street, who are down on there luck with a female partners, I however rarely see women living on the street in the same numbers, because they usualy find a man to help them up. As a man, see how hard it is to find a woman to pay for you when your down on your luck & you may understand why I don't want to be the majority provider in the relationship.
    The women's rights movement all ways complain about the glass sealing & how few women are CEO's of the top 500 companies in America. Who cares about the 500 people at the top, 99.9999% of men don't get there either. What they should be more concerned with is the people at the bottom, the ones who are comiting suicide & startisticly men out number this at a 5:1 ratio.
    My concern is selfishness & there are people who have a capacity to pay but don't because they beleive there princess, they beleive there got special privilages based on watching to many Disney movies of romance where Prince Charming always provides. As a child they have been brainwashed by these movies into beleiving they don't have to be financialy responsible in a relationship, because it will all be provided for them. I'm not going to treat every day woman as royals, if they have the capacity to pay, so I exspect it.

Thanks

I know 100% none of these women would go out with me without there perceiving a financial benifits by having a relationship with me, ...

My point, exactly.

Thanks

Thinking about your predicament, I keep coming back to this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Unfortunatley they see my beautiful house, my fancy cars & instantly there attracted to a preceaved life style, they think they should be accustomed to.
    Just maybe, because this is what you bring to the table, this seems, to them, what you have to offer. If you project it, it will be perceived.

Try meeting up at a cheap diner, driving a beater 1980's vintage Holden.

When I stated that I saw my wife as someone to protect, care, and provide for, money was of no concern. But, you immediately keyed in on a money angle.

Money is not grounds for a great relationship. Money can come and go. No matter how secure you think you are, it can all be gone tomorrow.

Finances aside, what are you really looking for?

Thread Information