PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Paul_au on death.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

blushing Paul_au on death.

I'm talking about the subject of DEATH. There are many hundreds of religions in the world and depending on where the religion originated from, they all have a different man made theory of what happens to you after you die. Some religion, beleive in reincarnation, some beleive you go to heaven, some beleive in hell, some beleive in no afterlife at all. Even if you beleive in one of these theories, there are different rules to each religion. In recarnation depending on the religion, you may advance to a higher life form or revert to an insect or a cow. Different Religions believe in different forms of a heaven, some you will meet your previously deceisred relatives, in another you will receive 76 virgins in heaven.
    Now for the facts: It is 100% impossible for every man made religious theory to be correct, if so many thereies oppose each other. For example you cant get 76 virgines in heaven directly after death if you have been reincarnated as a cow directly after death. You can argue the point that your religion comes from a real God or Gods & your correct, while every one else has a false man made god. But for you to say that, where is the proof, that you believe in the real one.
    Now Im going to tell you the truth from Paul_au. Know one knows 100% there is an afterlife after death, there is absolutely know scientific evidence to support the theory, including the rare occasions when people who see lights at the end of a tunnel for the short time when there heart stops, dreams are not scientific evidence. Every scientific evidence, due to the lack on any evidence, supports the theory there is no afterlife, so I presume that to be the most likely outcome. The fact is going on all the evidence, in which there is none, the chances of an afterlife would have to be remote at most, that is what I support.
    Since there is absolutely no scientific evidence for an afterlife & most religions have an opposing point of view on the subject. People who beleive in an afterlife need to stop taking the chance there is an afterlife & start living life as it is the only one they will ever get.
    As far as Im concerned, this is the only life you know forshore you will ever get. Be grateful for this life, because chances are its the only one your ever going to get. Enjoy every day, make your major goals in life to be happy & satisfied.
    Last edited by paul_au; 19-05-14 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks

Re: Paul_au on death.

Hi

Since there is absolutely no scientific evidence for an afterlife True but there is also no scientific evidence disproving an afterlife.

but i agree all religions are man made. Religion is the opiate of the mass's

A true enlightened person does not need religion or to try and disprove religion.

religion does serve a useful purpose and that is to control the mass's and in the most part are benevolent it is only a small fanatical fraction of all religions that cause problems. trying to force
    their will on all others

I agree one should do good and right because it is the right thing to do not because of religion
    but how do you learn what is right and wrong.

Thanks

Politics and Religion are the sure way to get into an argument even though the topic of thought might be innocent.
    People have such strong views on both! so much to the point its pointless talking about them as it normally ends up one way conversation.

But saying that im not religious in the slightest and agree when your gone your gone, so yes u only get one go at it. Each to there own, but i do take offense to having religions that persecute women and believe they are some way less value than men being forced into the Western world.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    but how do you learn what is right and wrong.
    Well the best way is from people who have a rational positive prospective on life.
    1) Rationally life is better than death, so what promotes life.
    2) Rationally Happiness is better than misery, so what promotes happiness.
    3) Rationally if the above two conflict, like prolonging the suffering of a terminally ill patient, or in incases of abortion on demand to promote happiness, well then you need to make a rational weighted judgement if the species is going to become extinct of your happiness is more important.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Paul....all you need is love...barp barp barp barrr...
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fileeep View Post
    Paul....all you need is love...barp barp barp barrr...
    For some, love is what seems to come naturally. Unfortunately, like religion, it is just a man made indoctrination, something that you were brought up to believe in threw your environment. If you have not been indoctrinated into love, finding what comes naturally becomes near impossible. Love is something I have never been able to achieve.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Paul, that is truly sad. Most people instinctively want to give and receive love, but I guess it is not true for everyone.

My mom used to say that in order to have a friend, one must be a friend. In order to receive love, it must also be given.

My own analogy is this: Love is like a plant. It must be tended to and cared for or it will surely die. Of course, it must first be gotten.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

billk (27-05-14), fileeep (21-05-14), homejames (21-05-14), khonrai (21-05-14), mikeheart (21-05-14), taszmaniac (27-05-14)

Thanks

Hi

Love is cross cultural and in all religions and non religions it is built into are DNA
    to not want love or to be love or to love someone.
    can only be caused by culture,or trumatic experience. it is a learned condition it is not natural

Thanks

I know a friend of mine told me he has only been in love once. That was when he was between 24 & 27 years old. The girl dumpt him after a 3 year live in relationship, to sow her wild oats. He is now 51 & has been in hundreds of relationships since, on average they last 2 to 3 weeks with relationships overlapping each other all the time. He obviously gets bored easily with what they have to say. I asked him why he does this, he says he dont want to be hurt again. I talk to some of his girlfriends who are in love with him or his money, they some times ask me how long it will last. They think I'm joking when I tell them you are doing well if you last to the end of the week.
    I guess there are a lot of people IN LUST, who pretend to be in love.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    a friend of mine told me he has only been in love once. That was when he was between 24 & 27 years old. He is now 51 & has been in hundreds of relationships since, on average they last 2 to 3 weeks with relationships overlapping each other all the time. He obviously gets bored easily with what they have to say. I asked him why he does this, he says he dont want to be hurt again.
    Sounds like the lead character from the 1988 movie, Cinema Paradiso.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_Paradiso
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thread Information