PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Urgent: Two Tourists Brutally Murdered, One Raped On Thailand Holiday Island - Page 22
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: Two Tourists Brutally Murdered, One Raped: Police Spark Thailand Holiday Island M

I guess it's not so much a "nationality" thing; it must just be a "foreigner" thing:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...7a417dfc8e39f9

But, I have seen plenty of stories of similar incidents actually happening here, by nationals. Personally, I would prefer bludgeoning to burning!
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Re: Two Tourists Brutally Murdered, One Raped: Police Spark Thailand Holiday Island M

Hi

More confusion and plot twist to be added. Is this similar event on same island linked to the true murderers?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ao-was-murder/

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), Susana (12-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don
    To me, it is all about appearing to be quick and efficient in solving the case in order to immediately restore confidence to the highly important tourist business-at any cost.

To that end it was considered that any fall guys will do-Burmese are perfect, as historical animosity between the two countries would theoretically ensure that the police's selection would be believed -and if they are illegal immigrants -all the better!

No way could a Thai be charged with the murder as that would be counterproductive to restoring tourist confidence. (Remember that senior police officer's statement that a Thai could not possibly commit such a crime-it had to be a foreigner?)

However, they messed it up due to too much political pressure-too many contradictory statements, too many statements that confidently claimed the perpetrators were Burmese before any "evidence" was available. Too many inside leaks to the media.

I think the real perpetrators are known-and are Thai- but, even if it was politically expedient to admit that the perpetrator(s) were Thai, things have gone far too far to save the police and the government's face.
    Good analysis, Khun Don.

I have been trying to figure out if they start with a genuine quest for truth and do it systematically and scientifically. And after arriving at the truth and they don’t find it appealing, they then manipulate it to their liking.

Or is it that that they are not even capable of finding out the truth?

My inkling is that beforehand they already form a sort of a pattern or blueprint on what the ‘results’ should be like to suit certain goals. Hence, everything else is trimmed on the edges to conform to that pre-designed pattern. But it’s not easy to do that seamlessly, especially that some authorities seem quite clumsy, or simply non-analytical?

That’s why we the public find everything so confusing, so inconsistent, so messed up, so twisted, so illogical, and even downright nonsensical.

I can't stop wondering how this case will end up.
    Last edited by Marie; 12-10-14 at 12:13 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (12-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I have been trying to figure out if they start with a genuine quest for truth and do it systematically and scientifically. And after arriving at the truth and they don’t find it appealing, they then manipulate it to their liking.

Or is it that that they are not even capable of finding out the truth?
    Probably the former, with the government involved to an extraordinary degree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Marie (12-10-14)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    Hi

More confusion and plot twist to be added. Is this similar event on same island linked to the true murderers?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ao-was-murder/
    Maybe next up will be some accusations that the recent murders are the work of spirits. Spirits looking for a replacement body. Remember the not-so-long-ago news that a government house was subject to some ritual ceremonies to appease the spirits living there who were supposedly angered by renovation works?

Not saying whether the spirits in the government house are for real or not. Personally I do believe in spirits. Just saying that if somehow the Burmese accused are found innocent, the spirits might be the next easiest way out to safeguard tourism. Who knows, an elaborate, festive ceremony for spirits at Koh Tao may even be a tourism magnet!
    Last edited by yy; 12-10-14 at 09:31 PM.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), Marie (12-10-14), Susana (12-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Another article claiming the investigation of these murders is a farce!
    http://time.com/3487462/thailand-koh...-win-zaw-htun/

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), Susana (13-10-14), visionchaser45 (13-10-14)

Thanks

The good thing is that most Thais are not countering with the classic, " ... not Thai, so don't understand."

The bad thing is that they will soon forget and all this will pass, ... until the next incident!
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), Susana (13-10-14)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

I don't think they will forget. They r just helpless and have probably adopted d mindset that since they can't do anything about it, they better stop dwelling on it (at least in public) or else life will become one bit of a hell. They afterall still need to live.

Perhaps that's why so many Thais nowadays try so hard to get a new life in another country. Except if they r part of the high-so.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

I'm not addressing those that live on Koh Tao. There is nothing to forget; the sense of helplessness is a daily reality.

I'm talking the rest of Thailand and those that travel here.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), visionchaser45 (13-10-14)

Thanks

Hi

Unfortunatley thai's are inundated with same type of news almost daly. spend any time living in thailand and watching thai news all you see is murder and mayhem of thai on thai. In most of these muders the victims knew or where related to murderers. Random acts of violence are not the norm. a couple of recent case's were a father killing his son for not doing homework and a teenager killing a 4 yr old for dropping is I-pad..Young thai males have a feeling of entitlement and no fear of punishment if from rich or powerful familys

I don't think the backpackers murders were random but premeditated and planned and not the first and won't be the last unless they catch the real killers last.

reminds me of the jack the ripper killings in London we still don't know who he was for sure but many theorys put him as a member of royality or elite.or rich

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-10-14), Susana (14-10-14), yy (13-10-14)

Thread Information