PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Walking ATM Con, accessed by fraudulent ethics.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

grouchy Walking ATM Con, accessed by fraudulent ethics.

Back in 2001 I met my former Thai girlfriend on line, 3 months latter I arrived in Thailand to meet her in person. Before I left friends & family members warned me don't be coned into being a walking Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) because they will use every trick in the book to access that ATM using guilt, through using bad luck stories & medical problems. So I told my friends no matter what story they give me the answer for money will be no.
    Well the day I arrived, in Samrong, 12.30 am in the morning the father at aged 51 in his brocken english told me how sick he was and that he was dieing, to look at him, he looked fine, my girlfriend at the time, also told me he was very sick & dieing.
    The same day I go to Pattaya with my Thai girlfriend & mother, leaving the dieing father at home. in Pattaya that day my girlfriend uses an ATM in a busy shopping centre, some one supposivelyly watches her enter the pin, pick pockets her purse out of her bag with her ATM card, uses the card & the pin to empty 11,000 baht out of her bank account, which was her entire savings at the time. My girlfriend goes to the police station in Pattaya and supposivelyly reports the theft, but because I don't speak a word of Thai, I don't know if she is mearly having a conversation with police or reporting a crime. i dont know if what she was telling me was true of not, but I was very suspitious because all this happened in less than 24 hours after arriving in Thailand & she made references to being robbed numerous times on that trip. I felt I was being coned & I gave her no money for the entire trip, I stuck to my guns of no profit for the family.
    Now almost 13 years down the track, my X thai girlfriends father is still alive, in the mean time both my parents have dies of cancer. What angers me is how much that Thai family went on about his ill health, the fact he could not work full time, even though he left home10 pm every night to go some where, did he have a night job I don't know, when in reality my parents who had an unknown but progressive termiinal cancer in there bodies at that very time actually were the ones dying. My Thai girlfriends father aleged he was dying, but is still alive 13 years latter.
    I felt the whole relationship was an ATM con & when the family failed to access my PIN number through guilt tricks, they did not want to know me.
    Are there other people on this forum who have stories about being exsploited as a walking ATM by Thai family members sucessfull or not, I would like to here your story, so as to warn others of potential fraugelent activities. Don't be to embarrassed to tell people about them, you could save other people there life savings.

Thanks

Re: Walking ATM Con, accessed by fraudulent ethics.

Hi

Paul sad story but to be dwelling on this after 13 years is not mentaly healthy.

the familys perceived attempts at extorting money all failed and had nothing to do with your parents illness it should have made you appreciate your parents more and what a short time we sometimes have with them.

I helped my thai family some what but not once did any member other than my wife ask for any money
    and i would ask her what for? if not a valid reason No

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

billk (23-09-14), fileeep (20-09-14), visionchaser45 (20-09-14)

Thanks

I disagree it had nothing to do with my parents. It had every thing to do with my parents. It's to do with there selfish wants for there side of the family only. They wanted money for there family, which I was not part of, unless I became an ATM. They had absolutely no concern over my family who was in reality in dier straits. They had no concern that my parents may have been dieing. because I was only part of there family as a likely ATM. They have no concern of my finacial position what so ever. Even if a farang is earning significatley more money, they may have fincial responsibilities at home, like morgages & family commitments, that leaves them with little resources left, but my responsibilities at home was not there concern. There only concern was there greed & what they could get out of me. My parents may have needed the money for exspensive medical treatment, but that was of no concern to them.
    My concern is in many cases, not all, Im shore there are good Thai families, when a western man is dating a Thai woman, when it comes to money, it's a one way street, (if you dont beleive me ask your Thai woman for thousands of dollars to see if they would do the same thing in reverse.) it does not matter to them if your parents are dying, so long as they are financially provided for by you. The fact is my former Thai girlfriends father was not dieing, it was a compleit fabricated lie & my parents were dying, that to me makes it appalling behaviour.
    Note you may think 13 years is a long time to be angry, well Im not all that angry because they failed to make a financial gain, but Im still angry at the deception & the lies.
    The people Im realy agry with are the bullies I went to school with & that was over 30 years ago. I hold a grudge a long time.

Thanks

Hi

I have a thai woman friend 54 teacher with masters degree she has given over 300,000 baht to two different farang scammers she meet on internet it works both ways Paul. She now lets me see all of her internet correspondence so I can weed out the scams for her.
    she would give me her last dollar if I asked for it, I think.

I was married to a Chinese woman in 2000 she married me only for Green card I just turned 50 and was feeling mortal and didn't want to die alone. of course didn't last but I had a few years of happiness
    and didn't cost much. am I bitter NO it is called life you make some bad choices you fix them or live with them or end it. our past is what makes us unique and how you deal with it determines your mental health. I haven't thought about my ex Chinese wife in years and when I do I only think about the good times. I choose not to dwell on the unhappy times or blame anyone for my state of mind.

no one can make you angry or bitter you choose to be. I choose to be happy

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

billyboy (21-09-14), fileeep (20-09-14), guava (21-09-14), Khun Don (20-09-14), visionchaser45 (20-09-14), yy (21-09-14)

Thanks

How's that atheism thing working for you, Paul? To carry so much bitterness and resentment around for so long is certainly not a sign of peace and contentment. Learn forgiveness and acceptance. Life is too short and too precious to dwell in the dark recesses of the mind and in bitterness of spirit.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to visionchaser45 For This Useful Post:

billk (23-09-14), billyboy (21-09-14), khonrai (20-09-14), Khun Don (20-09-14), mikeheart (21-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

For Paul, it always comes down to money.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

fileeep (20-09-14), khonrai (20-09-14), Khun Don (20-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Paul....

The clock of life is wound but once....and no man has the power,

to tell you when the clock will stop....at a late or early hour.

The present, is the time we own.....the past a golden link,

better go fishing now my friend....it is later than you think.

Paul, life is too short to dwell on stuff like this.....get on with it.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fileeep For This Useful Post:

billk (23-09-14), billyboy (21-09-14), emu (22-09-14), khonrai (20-09-14), Khun Don (20-09-14), Susana (20-09-14), yy (21-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Choosing happiness and forgiveness are two of the best choices we can make in life. We can make the choice easy by just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

emu (22-09-14), Marie (21-09-14), yy (21-09-14)

Thanks

I'm not here to forgive anyone. I'm not bitter, they failed in there endeavour. The reasion I'm posting is to educate the unilightended to reality over irrationality. People should not be blinded by love & should be open minded to the very real possibility of exploitation. My post could save some unexpected gullible practiciner in love from losing every thing. I have been the target of an attempted extortion, I feel it my duty to protect members & guest who read this forum. However if people on here want to forgive there nemesis, there certainly entitled to do so.

Thanks

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." Proverbs 12:15
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to visionchaser45 For This Useful Post:

billk (23-09-14), fileeep (21-09-14), Marie (21-09-14)

Thread Information