Page 1 of 156 12341151101 ... LastLast

Help writing name in Thai

Hello. I'm trying to find out how to spell my girlfriends name in Thai. She was born in Thailand as Sopa, But was adopted soon after birth and given the name Kara. She's been trying to find out how to spell both names for some time and I'd like to surprise her. Again the names are Sopa and Kara.
    Thank you in advance.

David

Thanks
    Sopa - โสภา

Kara - คาร่า
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks

My name in Thai

How do I write my name in thai?

It's pronounced nay o me!

Thanks a lot x

Thanks
    oops! forget to say my first thai word!

Sawatdee!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]nay o me
    That will be เนโอมี
    However, if you pronounced nar-o-mi it will be นาโอมิ

TK

Thanks
    oOo...I want to kno mine its Bao i kno its plain but is there a spelling to it or meaning?

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (TK_onboard @ April 07 2005,22:43)]
    Quote[/b] ]nay o me
    That will be เนโอมี
    However, if you pronounced nar-o-mi it will be นาโอมิ
    That sounds to me more like nae oh me
    I would suggest นัยโอมี or นายโอมี (longer) but I could be wrong.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]oOo...I want to kno mine its Bao i kno its plain but is there a spelling to it or meaning?
    If it should sound like "bow" of a boat opposite to stern or to bend the body, it'll be:

เบา (light=not heavy) เบ้า (a melting pot). เบ่า เบ๊า and เบ๋า are also possible but I don't know the meanings.
    With a longer vowel, บาว (I think of วงดนตรี "คาราบาว" - Karabao Band. Karabao means a buffalo in Tagalog in the Philippines.) บ่าว (A lad or an attendant for services) บ้าว บ๊าว บ๋าว (I don't know the meanings.)

If it should sound "bpao" ("p" without aspiration), it will be:
    เปา (to hit a point) เป่า (to blow) เป้า (a target) เป๊า (the Year of Ox) เป๋า (a shortened form of กระเป๋า = a bag or pocket)
    In the longer vowel version, ปาว (ปาวๆ = to yell) ป่าว (to spread; also a frequently used form of เปล่า = nothing, = หรือเปล่า) ป๊าว (a cry of a cat in a sudden pain); ป้าว and ป๋าว (I don't know)

If it should sound "ba-o" (bay oh), เบโอ etc. in different tones (5x5=25 possibilities&#33. There are no diphthongs /ei/ and /ou/ in natural Thai, so /e:/ and /o:/ (I used ":" for the longer partner of a vowel. They are narrow ones, different from "ae" and "or").

Phew, I had to use a dictionary for this. Some words, I didn't know.
    BTW it's Songkran in Thailand now (13-15 April this year), and while I had a chatting with a lady in this site suggesting her to come in the lightest clothing [มาในเสื้อผ้าเบาๆที่สุด = ma nai sua pha bao bao thi sood] (you'll be all wet in this festival; soaked from the splashes of water), she stopped talking to me...

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]Phew, I had to use a dictionary for this. Some words, I didn't know.
    BTW it's Songkran in Thailand now (13-15 April this year), and while I had a chatting with a lady in this site suggesting her to come in the lightest clothing [มาในเสื้อผ้าเบาๆที่สุด = ma nai sua pha bao bao thi sood] (you'll be all wet in this festival; soaked from the splashes of water), she stopped talking to me...
    She might think that you suggest her "มาในเสื้อผ้าบางที่สุด"(which you can see through when she got wet.)

Thanks
    Saw this and thought it would be great to see my name in Thai too! If anyone can help me it is: Bruce

Thanks Loads!

Thread Information