PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Installation Ceremony at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, Phitsanulok
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Installation Ceremony at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, Phitsanulok

On 17th January, I happened to be visiting the temple of Buddha Cinnarat, the supposedly most famous Buddha image in Thailand after Wat Phra Keow's Emerald Buddha. There, I witnessed (for want of a better descriptional phrase), the installation ceremony of the sacred statues of King Nerusuan and King Taksin. It appeared to be an important ceremony as a group of seemingly high ranking military men as well as quite a number of soldiers was present for the ceremony. Before the statues arrived, the military folks were seen listening to a religious? sermon made exclusively for them. Pictures as follows:
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

emu (22-01-15), fileeep (23-01-15), Marie (22-01-15), Susana (22-01-15)

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Installation Ceremony at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, Phitsanulok

Sorry guys I'm having difficulty uploading several pics at once. Will load the pics when I'm home end of the month :(
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

fileeep (23-01-15), Susana (23-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: Installation Ceremony at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, Phitsanulok

LOL, and I thought there's something wrong with my browser. Mai pen rai ka, yy.

Thread Information