PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Where to "loy kratong" in Bangkok?
    Thanks

talking Where to "loy kratong" in Bangkok?

Hi All
    I'll be visiting Thailand late October/early November and I'm hoping you kind people on this forum would help me plan my trip. Here are some questions.

1. What date does the Loy Kratong festival fall on this year? Does anyone know? I know it's on a full moon night sometime in November. Am I too far off?

2. Can someone suggest a nice Loy Kratong spot in BKK? It's probably impossible to find a spot that is not too crowded or loud (firecrackers and all that stuff). But it would be nice to go someplace as close to downtown (Siam or Silom) as possible that is not overly crowded where you can zoom in and out easily.

Thanks

Thanks
    I think you might miss it. According to my calendar, this year it is on 26th November.

Thanks
    There is a chance I may be in BKK at that time.
    Going with lovestar's question, any good spots to view any festivities?
    If I'm able to go, I will be staying near MBK.
    Thanks

Thanks
    At the moment, TAT say this for Bangkok:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Rivers are good, and bobbing in a boat opposite Wat Arun is even better. Bangkok's canals might be polluted, but Klong Lod's bridge rimmed confines are irresistibly fairy lit, while the ponds in Chulalongkorn University, Saranrom Park and Lumphini Park are particularly popular.
    More information will be posted in the festivals forum nearer the time.

Jitwadee Guest
    From my experience, Bangkok is not the ideal place to loy krathong. Bangkokians: were will you be this year during the holiday?

Thanks

talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jitwadee
    From my experience, Bangkok is not the ideal place to loy krathong. Bangkokians: were will you be this year during the holiday?
    Yes,you are right,Jitwadee.BKK.is not a ideal place for Loy Krathong.The water /river is rough and have strong wave.So when you let go yours Krathong,it simply disappear into the water.LoyKrathong normally fall on the 15thdays of chinese canlender and on Nov.period.And Bangkokians seem to enjoy on that day.You will notice most of activity near the ChaoPhraya River.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    I meant to correct the date, that it's actually November 14-16, but then I saw this thread was started last year :-D

Jitwadee Guest
    Yes - revived the sleeping thread for the upcoming occasion!

So... where will you be?

Moppet, it happened the same way with me last year! Hopefully, it'll be different now.

Thanks
    I'll be in Chiang Mai, I really liked it there 2 years ago - as the sanuk goes on for 3 days on end, I think I'll also go to Lamphun or Lampang or somewhere near the city to see what happens there. you must be really excited after last year's experience :-)

Thanks

thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Betti
    I'll be in Chiang Mai, I really liked it there 2 years ago - as the sanuk goes on for 3 days on end, I think I'll also go to Lamphun or Lampang or somewhere near the city to see what happens there. you must be really excited after last year's experience :-)
    YES,ChiangMai is the best to LoyKrathong compare to BKK.When night fall,the MaiPing river will lightup with Krathong flowing downward river over looking by the full moon.And you will see parade by all walk of lives from the Thai people.Fire crackers is the only nuisane,so beware of people throwing crackers at you.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thread Information