PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Internet marketing: start a Company to live in Thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Internet marketing: start a Company to live in Thailand

Hello!

I work online, so if I open a Company in Thailand I would be generating taxable incomes from day 1. I would like my Company to sponsor me, so I can stay in Thailand. I understand I would need to apply for a B Visa, incorporate, then get the Company paperwork to sponsor myself. Questions: how expensive is this? Do I really need to hire 4 Thai nationals from day 1? The business will grow, but right now I would not be able to hire 4 locals, unless 4 part-time house cleaners or PA meet the requirement...

Also, I am an EU citizen married to another EU citizen, it goes without saying I can move only if she can move with me (but she does not need to work).

THANKS!

Thanks

Re: Internet marketing: start a Company to live in Thailand

BTW, there is a Company which promises to take care of incorporation, B Visa and work permit for B40k. The price sounds very reasonable, I just want to make sure it is legal.

Thanks!

Thanks

You might want to go to the Thai Embassy website of the country where you reside and check out their official requirements as these things change rather often.

Good luck!

RickThai

Thanks

Yes you would need to hire 4 locals, unless you were a BOI registered company and then they are a bit more lenient for the first few years.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, I would also suggest to see if you can go down the BOI road as you won't need to hire four Thais for each foreigner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    You might want to go to the Thai Embassy website of the country where you reside and check out their official requirements as these things change rather often.

Good luck!

RickThai
    Why oh why do people keep saying this ? Things do NOT keep changing !!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There is change, but it is usually within the interpretation of the law. For example with the 30 day extension of stay. If they want to, they can give you 15 days. There is no need for a change of law in this. They can also cancel your visa at any time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Barrow For This Useful Post:

RickThai (15-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    There is change, but it is usually within the interpretation of the law. For example with the 30 day extension of stay. If they want to, they can give you 15 days. There is no need for a change of law in this. They can also cancel your visa at any time.
    Oh no they can't !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    Richard is correct the actual wording for ANY extension of stay garnered in this country is "permission shall be granted not more than xxx (days, months, year). They are under NO obligation to give you the maximum days allowed..

Case in point; the ED visa extension fiasco; for studying thai at a private school. Immigrations interpretation of the rule changed, even though the wording never did. They started handing out everything from 60 days, 30 days down to 7 days as extensions.. There was NO recourse for the students via the appeals process, because they were granted an extension, just not for the duration they were anticipating and the wording of the Police Order bore this out, there was no automatic 90 day extension, it was written as "not longer than 90 days".

Also, last August when they started giving 30 day extensions for either a 15 or 30 day visa exempt entry it specifically says on the signage which went up (and is still up out at Chaengwattana); should you be denied a 30 day extension, you can get 7 but the decision cannot be appealed.

Here's an image of the wording in the Thai version of the Police Order currently in effect for people wanting extensions of stay based on "living out the end of their life" (retirement)..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14wbrwi.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	21430
    It says, in the instance of living out the end of your life permission will be given each time for NOT more than one year. That's their out.. If they wanna give you less, they certainly have the ability to do so as the rule is written.

I do think Richard is taking a little creative license with the "They can also cancel your visa at any time".

Here in Bangkok you can have your "extension of permission to stay" canceled for a multitude of reasons, and you sign a paper to that effect too. However, those are for violating the terms and conditions of your extension of stay. I don't believe they can just cancel your permission to stay for no reason at all. Unless I am wrong there is a little used and even less understood (by foreigners) appeals process for immigration decisions.

One last thing about the advice of going to the thai embassy website where they live and reading up on it. Those embassy's are run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and have NOTHING (as in less than ZERO) to do with how extensions of stay are garnered inside the country.. Embassies and Consulates issue VISAS, period end of story.. Those websites scattered around the inter-web have some of the most out-dated and plain wrong information that I've ever read.. Some have artifically high thresholds for financials and other requirements and some don't. I just wouldn't trust the info on any of them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tod-Daniels For This Useful Post:

bigt116 (16-07-15), RickThai (15-07-15)

Thanks

Getting things done in Thailand, as in many countries, is heavily dependent upon "bureaucratic interpretation" of the regulations.

Most Thais that I have observed, just go with the flow and try to work with the bureaucrats (which often includes providing tea money) rather than try to force things and demand their "rights".

Seems to be a fact of life in Thailand.

RickThai

Thread Information