PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Visa Questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visa Questions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Re: Visa Questions

Quote Originally Posted by bigt116 View Post
    "multiple entry retirement visa" , this would be a Non-OA which you get in your home country, not at immigration in Thailand.
    Thanks mister big, I rang the Perth Thai Consulate today and you are correct, I need a non immigrant-OA visa and I must apply for it here in Australia but have to go through the Canberra Thai Embassy, 3723km east of Perth....lol.

It looks pretty straight forward, I'm not in much of a hurry so I will work on the 800,000 baht in the bank.

Need to get a police clearance from here and a medical examination to prove that I am in good physical and mental health and free from any defect and must not have Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and the Third Step of Syphilis.

I will keep you posted on how it all goes....

Thanks Mister big and Richard for your help and advice.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks

Hi Tod Thanks for such a great explanation. I would like to ask how the embassies can sign as proof of income? I have an investment that pays me more than the required amount plus a UK pension I just have no idea as to how to get this certified by the embassy. I have money in Thailand always in Kasikorn but not 800K. Currently traveling on a multi entry O visa and never staying the 90 days. I may want to do so later. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fileeep View Post
    Need to get a police clearance from here and a medical examination to prove that I am in good physical and mental health and free from any defect and must not have Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and the Third Step of Syphilis.

I will keep you posted on how it all goes....

Hope it all goes well in those things.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeheart For This Useful Post:

fileeep (17-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    Hi Tod Thanks for such a great explanation. I would like to ask how the embassies can sign as proof of income? I have an investment that pays me more than the required amount plus a UK pension I just have no idea as to how to get this certified by the embassy. I have money in Thailand always in Kasikorn but not 800K. Currently traveling on a multi entry O visa and never staying the 90 days. I may want to do so later. Thanks in advance.
    Different country's embassies in Bangkok have different criteria for notarizing verification of funds from abroad type letters..

The US, Oz, and a few others require NO proof at all.. You fill out the letter, put what ever you want down as far as the income. All they do is notarize that you were the person who signed it in front of them.

The UK embassy in Bangkok requires you show them documentation and THEY write the letter for you. Unless I'm mistaken they can't even be had in person and it's all gotta go thru the post..

Now, just because some embassies don't require proof that the amount you put down is backed up by anything, it's NEVER a good idea to fudge on those letters. Immigrations officers have every right to ask you for the proof to back up what the embassy letter states..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tod-Daniels For This Useful Post:

mikeheart (18-07-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Because of my faith in Thai banking, I have always used my offshore income.

The first time I extended my visa, at the old Suan Phlu office, it was stump the officer time. She had to call in a supervisor to explain to her that verification of monthly income was one means of proof.

Twice since, after handing in my statement of income, the officer had me fill out the 800,000-baht-in-the-bank form, with no bank book or other statement presented. I guess they weren't up to speed either.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

mikeheart (18-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Because of my faith in Thai banking, I have always used my offshore income.

The first time I extended my visa, at the old Suan Phlu office, it was stump the officer time. She had to call in a supervisor to explain to her that verification of monthly income was one means of proof.

Twice since, after handing in my statement of income, the officer had me fill out the 800,000-baht-in-the-bank form, with no bank book or other statement presented. I guess they weren't up to speed either.
    I take it by "offshore income" you mean you got a letter from your embassy stating the income, right?

I too have very little faith in the thai banking system and have ALWAYS used the embassy letter for verification of sufficient funds..

Even though I don't bank here, or have a bank account AND use the embassy letter for my yearly extensions.. I have to sign this form anyway..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14o20kw.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	21435
    Is this the one you were talking about?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Yup; that's the form. Over my 7 extensions, I have only been handed this form twice. Other officers have been able to figure the rule.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

You know what's crazy is they've handed that form (and three more) to everyone I've ever 'shepherded' thru at Chaengwattana.

As I mentioned NONE of those forms can be downloaded, so it necessitates people sitting at the immigrations desk painstakingly filling them out.. I finally asked immigrations for copies of them and made scans so I can have them pre-filled out and ready to go.
    Here're what I call the "4-secret-formz";

Name:	73dvut.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	21436
    This one is just that you agree to follow the terms & conditions of your extension and tell them if your situation changes

Name:	ok3p7m.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	21437
    This one is a "self guarantee" type of form. You put your name on it 3 times and you address and phone number on it twice!

Name:	15pgaap.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	21438
    This one is for the "yet to be enacted" overstay penalties which may or may not come into effect in our lifetime..

Plus the 800K in the bank one which I already posted in the previous post.

Those are the BEST copies I have of them too, they appear to be 10 generation copies of bad copies..

FWIW; Right now those are what Chaengwattana hands you right after they stamp the yearly extension into your passport, but BEFORE you go to the other officer to get it signed off on. You can't even get them out front at customer service where they give the forms out. You can only get them from an officer once you're at their desk..

BTW: IF anyone wants the PDF's of the real forms send me an email and I'll get them to you.. Again, they only use them in Bangkok.

Thanks

It may seem a silly question? Are you saying that you can show the 800000 baht or equivalent in a bank outside of Thailand?

Thanks

I'm saying you go to your embassy and sign a form stating you have income from your country and whatever currency your country uses has to equal 65K baht a month for an extension for being over 50 (retired) OR 40K baht a month for an extension being married to a thai. Your embassy notarizes it and you can use it at Immigrations to show income from abroad.
    Australians use this form

Name:	333gaqb.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	21440

Americans use this form

Name:	2yobvgk.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	21441