PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Transport via the river in bkk
    Thanks
    I'm looking at the modes of transports available in BKK and it seems that river travel's quite a good choice.

However, I can't seem to make heads or tails of it.

Anyone can share their experience or tips on how a traveller could make effective use of the river transport?

Anywhere where I could get a detailed write up on the web, e.g. pier stops, location etc?

Any tips on how I could make use of river transport more like a local and less like a farang?

Thanks !

Thanks

talking

Hi there

The river is certainly the fastest way to travel during rush hour (when is there never a rush hour in Bangkok?)

One good advice is to keep your mouth closed at all times. The rivers are really polluted. I wrote about my experience of the rive in my latest blog. It was on my first ever trip to Thailand and I was not prepared for the experience!
    You can read about it here:
    http://www.thailandguidebook.com/blogs/

The prices of the trips are really cheap and depend on the colour of the boats (or flags). The white ones are the cheapest ones and cost 6 baht per trip and stop at every station. The orange and yellow ones are faster and more expensive but still cheap like inexpensive.

The Chao Praya tourist boat ticket (75 baht) not only entitles you to getting on and off as you like on the tourist boats but also free travel on the normal ferries which shuttle the locals as both services are owned by the same company.

Just make sure the sticker logo you are given to wear (when you buy the tourist boat ticket) stays on your T-shirt/shirt/blouse. They do not stay on easily!

The first boats start at 6am, the last ones stop at about 6:40pm.

Here is a map
    Chao Phraya Express Boat
    \"I touch the future. I teach.\"

Thread Information