PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
News: Fatal stabbing over Facebook comments in East Pattaya
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Fatal stabbing over Facebook comments in East Pattaya

Late on Thursday Night a 17 year old boy was arrested and charged with the murder of his best friend following a fight over Facebook comments which the suspect was angry with and decided to stab his friend in the chest.

The incident occurred close to the Boxing Stadium in Soi Siam Country Club and led to the death of Khun Jackgrit aged 18. He was stabbed in his left chest and died at the scene despite efforts by rescue workers who performed CPR on him.

The suspect, who cannot be named due to his young age, ran away from the scene but was caught hiding in bushes close to the nearby Rattanakorn Village 14.

According to friends of the victim, they witnessed the incident, which began with a fight between the pair over the Facebook comments. The suspect then left and later returned with a knife and stabbed Khun Jackgrit in his left chest before running away.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2...-east-pattaya/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (25-07-15), RickThai (28-07-15), Susana (25-07-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: Fatal stabbing over Facebook comments in East Pattaya

What kind of comments on Facebook would drive you to stab to death your own best friend? I wish the news writer had endeavored harder to find out more details. Offhand my guesses would be about personal insults or betrayal of trust-or over a girl?

Anyone know the background?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Susana (25-07-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Like you, Marie, I would like to know the story behind this incident. Maybe more will come out later.

My most consuming thought is how this young man will most likely suffer the rest of this life over anger and hurt leading to the murder of his friend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

Marie (25-07-15)

Thanks

I think many non-Thais underestimate the capacity for violence (including fatal acts) that appears to be part of the genetic makeup of Thais.

I have personally observed quite a lot of violent acts by Thai people when they become enraged. Apparently many of them have a very short fuse when it comes to things that make them homicidally angry.

My wife is the sweetest and most giving person I have ever met, yet I know from experience (learning experiences), she can get crazy angry if the right thing trips her trigger.

I believe it is part of their evolutionary, genetical makeup, probably very necessary when you consider the long history of strife and war in that part of the world.

RickThai

Thanks

This is something which has never occurred to me. Do you think Thais alone carry this trait, or are there other groups who share this "genetic makeup"?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

RickThai (29-07-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

From my experience, many Thais don't seem to consider the consequences of the actions.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Susana,

I have always been a firm believer in evolutionary adaptation having a genetical impact on all living things. Instinctual responses are some of the most "built-in" traits a person or animal can display.

Having worked around dogs and horses, I know from experience that some dog breeds and some horse breeds are more apt to hurt you then others.

Thoroughbreds, for instance, have been bred primarily for speed and stamina, and quite a lot of these horses are ill-suited for anything but racing. I grew up in Kentucky and I have been kicked and head butted by more Thoroughbreds than any other breed of horse.

Why humans shouldn't be subject to these same evolutionary influences makes absolutely no sense to me.

Just as a Thais eye color, skin, and hair help them cope with tropical sun, why wouldn't they have evolved a slightly different version of the "fight or flight" response based upon their cultural history (and when I say cultural history, I mean thousands of years of adaptation)?

I think the same applies to other ethnic groups as well.

Of course, like any generality, there will always be exceptions that don't exhibit the general traits.

RickThai

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RickThai For This Useful Post:

kfchugo (30-07-15)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, RickThai.

This has got me to thinking about how violent the shared history of the world is, and how much violence there is even in religious texts of the world. Then of course there are many stories of incredible love for one's neighbor and also kindness, which make me think of how many more uplifting stories must have been lost because we dwell on the negative.

These are just recorded ramblings of my mind about our shared history of the world and the choices we make.

I have another thought which I hope you renaissance men of the forum will not be terribly insulted by, and that is how the history of the world might be different if it had been recorded through the eyes of the women of the ages past.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

RickThai (04-08-15)

Thanks

A very insightful comment, Susana. History is written by the victors in any conflict. I read somewhere that while we dont know a great deal about ancient egypt, archeologists could find details of only ONE battle they lost in all their writings -One of the Rameses Pharoahs was held to a draw and had to sign a peace treaty. Not a bad record (if you believe them) for several thousand years of history.
    No doubt the women of the time would have told very different stories.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kfchugo For This Useful Post:

Susana (31-07-15)

Thanks

You do raise an interesting point Susana. Recorded history is constantly being edited to reflect the perspectives of those in control. The reality, IMO, is often hidden by the perspective of the recorders.

However another perspective might be how much violence has been perpetrated by men trying to protect their women/children or obtain the women of other groups?

I have always thought that women have played a very important role in the civilization (i.e. domestication) of men. Without exposure to the kindness, love, and nurturing of the female sex, I believe most men would have never evolved beyond the basic brutal urges, that still plague some of us!

Perhaps that is nature's way. . .the man provides basic protection and protein through hunting and killing, and the women establish a home or retreat for the men to calm down and heal??

Sounds pretty sexist in these days of "everyone is equal and anything goes" I know, but I am basically a conservative-valued person.

RickThai

Thread Information