View Poll Results: Who do you vote for: Donald Trump? or Hillary Clinton?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump

0 0%
  • Hillary Clinton

2 100.00%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Who is running for president in the U.S.A.?

Quote Originally Posted by h90 View Post
    The shooting was in a "gun free zone". The security guy had no gun per regulation and an armed vet who wanted to help was not let in......
    Banning arms would only help if you can ban illegal guns also.
    So taking all the guns from the responsible gun owners won't help if every crazy guy can still get an illegal gun.
    In our state gun owners are required to have a FOID(Firearm Owners Identification) card which includes a background check and screening. Also convicted felons are not allowed to be in possession of firearms. The police can't enforce these two laws properly, so I'm not so sure more laws or bans will solve the problem. Preventing people with mental health issues from having guns is very difficult also, because many of their records can not be released due to privacy issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misterA For This Useful Post:

h90 (05-10-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    This is mainly thanks to constant NRA lobbying to resist any change whatsoever in US gun laws to the detriment of a lot of school and college kids.
    The inadequacy of current US Gun Laws is a matter that all the prospective presidential candidates should be made to publicly address, surely?
    Although incessantly referred to as "THE POWERFUL GUN LOBBY", "feared by politicians", the NRA isn't as big a lobby as one might be lead to believe. They fall far, far behind such demons as the American Medical Association (the second biggest lobby in the USA) and even the National Association of Broadcasters! The NRA isn't even in the top 100!

The existing guns laws are actually more than adequate. However, it is poor implementation and lack of enforcement that is a problem.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

misterA (04-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    This information includes both Republican and Democratic candidates views on gun control:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm
    Hi Susana good afternoon and thanks for your post.The US presidential election is widely covered across Europe. As such I can follow debates on BBC ( UK) ,NOS ( The Netherlands) and CANVAS ( Belgium). So far, many ( European) viewers prefer a female Candidate ( Republican or Democrat). However recent polls were revealing that Donald Trump is leading the Republicans.
    For some ,Mr. Trump embodies the American dream i.e.he is a successful entrepreneur thus would be if elected a good President for USA.
    I am not aware of all the laws about gun control in US
    What I do know is, according to US constitution , all US
    citizens are allowed to bare arms for ' self defense '
    Thus not offensive . However its very sad to witness all
    these mass shootings, where so many innocent lost
    their lives and love ones with most recent one in
    Oregon. I hope the authorities concerned and find way
    to avoid these tragedies . My condolence to all victims.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rijmond For This Useful Post:

Susana (05-10-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,956 Posts

I googled these exact words: "history of the interpretation of the second amendment to the US Constitution" and found lots of reading material.

This one seemed to me to be the most to the point article, giving more to one side of the debate: http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_2nd.html

Of course I didn't read them all. This was just the first one I came to that I thought was to the point. You may want to list a link also.

Unfortunately, none of the articles were written recently. Maybe someone can find something more recent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterA View Post
    In our state gun owners are required to have a FOID(Firearm Owners Identification) card which includes a background check and screening. Also convicted felons are not allowed to be in possession of firearms. The police can't enforce these two laws properly, so I'm not so sure more laws or bans will solve the problem. Preventing people with mental health issues from having guns is very difficult also, because many of their records can not be released due to privacy issues.
    In my country, to get a permit to have a gun, you must visit a doc that checks your mental health.....Regulation makes money nothing else, because the most crazy guy can pretend to be normal for the few minutes the doc speaks with you. And you can try again and again till you are lucky.
    You need to attend schooling for your gun, once every few years.......Well the problem isn't people shooting into their own leg....so that doesn't help as well.
    The right thing would be: want a gun, no right on privacy for mental health issues....if crazy or needing medication for mental health issues or getting medications that may cause swings in mood: biggest gun you can get is an air-rifle.
    But banning the granny to protect herself, because some complete crazy guy on funny pills shot someone isn't logic at all.
    The crazy guy will anyhow get one from Mexico.

Thanks

Rijmond, thank you for giving us that information. I wasn't sure if the USA Presidential Debates were being broadcast abroad. It surprises me a bit to read that they are broadcast in Europe.

I wonder what people are thinking? Do they favor one particular candidate? Any specific reasons why? Thanks for any insights you can give us.

Thanks

h90, I don't want to divert the topic to Mexico, but you might find this article interesting:
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...e24726304.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

h90 (05-10-15)

Thanks

I occasionally see posts like the following on Facebook. I always read the comments for insight, but never know how to respond, so I don't. Not trying to get too far off topic, but it is related, and I am trying to gain, as well as offer, perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/SteveReiche...315291/?type=3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    h90, I don't want to divert the topic to Mexico, but you might find this article interesting:
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...e24726304.html
    Interesting! I recall back in Austria (restrictive laws) after the war in Yugoslavia, we had a student from there, she told me the ongoing price for a old AK-47 is 900 Baht (considering the time (inflation) it might be 1500 now).
    Old weapons are super cheap and so they will come from some countries. I guess here in the market (I don't want to name it), if I ask around a bit and give some tips I get some usual gun without problems. Same I guess in USA or everywhere beside North Korea....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to h90 For This Useful Post:

Susana (05-10-15)

Thanks

Hi

as per most gun nuts " guns don't kill people . people do" I agree 100%
    so we should ban all white males from owning guns as they are the ones responsible for almost all of the mass shootings..

Thread Information