Thanks
    Thanked 5,243 Times in 3,384 Posts

Healthy Food in Bangkok delivered by Paleo Robbie

Healthy Food in Bangkok delivered by Paleo Robbie

December 4, 2015
    By Richard Barrow

Spicy Wild Tuna Salad

Over the last few years, I have been making a better effort with eating a more healthy and balanced diet. I had always presumed that Thai food was good for me and used to eat a lot every day. Yes, for sure, certain ingredients are very healthy. For example, like the ingredients that can be found in Tom Yum Soup. But, if you eat a lot of Thai street food, you are not really getting a balanced diet. You will certainly be missing out on a lot of vegetables. And street food can often contain a lot of sugar and MSG. You might also find that the food is cooked in oil which has been used many times. It‚™s not that I have stopped eating street food altogether. I just have it say, two or three times a week. For the rest of the time I cook for myself so I can be sure of what the ingredients are. Of course, it is not always convenient to cook for yourself if you have limited time, which is how I came across Paleo Robbie, a food delivery service in Bangkok.

Slow Roasted Rib Eye with Cafe de Paris Butter

I am sure most of you know of the Paleo Diet. The idea is that you only eat food that was available to your caveman ancestors. For example, fruit, vegetables, meat, nuts & seeds, and seafood. So, you cannot eat corn flakes, bread, cakes, ham, sugar, pasta, or basically anything that has been processed. This also includes beer. I didn‚™t necessarily want to do a Paleo Diet, I just wanted to see what it involved. If anything, what I took away from this experience was a confirmation that I shouldn‚™t eat any processed food and that I should be make an effort to pay extra to get organic vegetables and other produce. Which of course is the problem of eating healthily. It does cost more. But, in the long term, its a good investment in your overall health.

Sweet Potato Chips with a Guacamole Dip

Some people use the Paleo Robbie delivery meal service for the occasional dinner while others have decided to have most of their meals prepared and cooked by Paleo. If you are used to a 35 Baht bowl of noodles then you will probably find this expensive. The meals shown on this page cost 399 Baht which, when you think about it, is actually comparable to a restaurant meal in Bangkok. And, as you may have see on this page, some of the portions are big enough for two people. (A small portion costs 299 Baht.) When you consider that they choose only the highest quality ingredients then you will realize that you are getting good value for money. Organic food doesn‚™t come cheap. I am not sure if my budget goes as far as eating daily meals, but I am certainly open to ordering occasionally to supplement meals that I am cooking for myself.

Trio of Crepinette, Braised Cabbage, and Bone Broth. Not sure what Crepinette is, but tasted great. Portion size was too large so saved some for the following day

The way it works, is that you visit the Paleo Robbie website and click on ‚œorder now‚ in the drop down menu. This changes every week so you won‚™t get bored. There are four different meals every day from Monday to Friday. To order for next week, you have to choose your meals by 5pm on Fridays. The meals are all 100% gluten-free, antibiotic-free, pesticide free and made without added sugars, preservatives, or with any processed foods. The meals are then delivered chilled to your door, anywhere in Greater Bangkok. If you live out in the sticks like me, then there is a higher minimum order. Check out their website for further details.

If you are a new customer and want to try them out, then user the voucher code RB399 to get either 399 Baht off your first grocery order or one free meal (Paleo Robbie Size) if you order six or more meals from the Meal Plan. This special offer is only available from today until 17th December 2015.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

emu (04-12-15), h90 (05-12-15), Marie (04-12-15), Susana (04-12-15)

Thanks

Re: Healthy Food in Bangkok delivered by Paleo Robbie

At street food:
    I saw myself (so not a second hand story) on the market, where the guy sprayed his meat with flies on it it with the normal insect spray....Just spraying it.
    I got told that when chicken farms have a problem and sell the dead chicken as crocodile food there are always plenty of street stall owner who also buy.
    We had as staff one daughter of a vegetable farm in Bangkok....had some acne on the legs...she told that is when she walk there and the pesticides touch the skin. They farm the own vegetables at a different place.

I only buy organic if available, but seeing the prices I think a normal Thai labor doesn't have the chance to eat healthy in Bangkok.

At Paleo: I lost over 20 kg with it and thanks to training I gained muscles (it is protein rich). But you can't eat sometimes Paleo....you'll be hungry and rather get more fat than slim. It need a while for the body to switch from carbohydrate to fat burning. Healthy or not? Lots of heated discussion on the internet....from it is the only way to live healthy to you'll get massive problems you can find every opinion.

Thanks

Re: Healthy Food in Bangkok delivered by Paleo Robbie

before the holidays I registered for the newsletter and the 250 Baht voucher.
    They were on holidays, which was fine for me as I was to go on holidays as well.

Today I got the 250 Baht voucher (considering the minimum order it is not that much), and thought when I am back in Bangkok in a few day, I'll give it a try. Now reading voucher is only valid 24 hours.
    Considering the other details: Paypal: Buyer must pay the Seller fees....Money transfer only for purchases over 5000 Baht....I reconsider if I want to buy there. I read good things about PassionDelivery, will try them instead I think (they also have a promotion on this page)

Thread Information