PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Malaysia / Thailand 2015/16.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Malaysia / Thailand 2015/16.

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know i am presently on a months holiday taking in Malaysia and Thailand. I will post pictures upon my return to the UK at the end of January, but for now i will try keep you a little informed of my trip.

i am now in Bangkok and it is unusualy quiet around Sukhumvit Soi NAn to Soi 22. Today i have observed a lot of police presence in this area even going down the small Sois....( streets). Chiang Mai will be my next destination in a week or so and Mikeheart will join, we hope to make it from there to Mae Hong Son.

Well, i have been having a great time so far......yet more police passing as i write......Penang was great, we where there for a few days then we had ( my girlfriend and i ) had New Years Eve in Langkawi, it was amazing. After we flew to Kuala Lumpur to be met by Mr William Yap who is a long time tcb member, how wonderful it was to be shown around by William and his wife. Without them our 24 hour stay in KL would have been a bit grim having chosen a hotel ina pretty remote place.

Well that is it for now, i will write a little more as we move on from place to place. Hope everyone has had a most joyouse and happy time over this holiday.

bye,

billy.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (06-01-16), h90 (06-01-16), Khun Don (05-01-16), Marie (05-01-16), mikeheart (05-01-16), rijmond (05-01-16), Susana (05-01-16), wilma (07-02-16)

Thanks

Re: Malaysia / Thailand 2015/16.

Came back from Nakhon Si Thammerat province and also saw lots of police and check points. Got told it is to reduce the car accidents because of drunk driving. They weren't interested in checking a Farang on the bicycle.
    Some shouted "Hello" when I pass. One shouted "Hi Farang"

Looking forward to read more from your trip

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h90 For This Useful Post:

billyboy (06-01-16), Marie (06-01-16)

Thanks

I forgot to say,

Upon my arrival back to Bangkok the other day queues for immigration where so long stretching far out into the walkways. I was allowed to check in at the Thai nationals queue after i asked, there where only six people in that queue. Tonight Mikehear and myself will join with friends at Ban Chan Khrung seafood restaurant. Last night we ate at PAor restaurant at Phetachaburi Soi five. Time to go eat and grab some pictures!

Bye,

Billy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

h90 (06-01-16), Khun Don (06-01-16), Marie (06-01-16), Susana (06-01-16), wilma (13-02-16)

Thanks

My international arrival was at Survharna Bhumi airport and domestics and international both from Don Muang. I have done a few of both flights from each airport up to now and always i have gone up to departures after landing for taxis, i have never waited for any taxi and always they turned on the meter, better than waiting in those long queues in arrivals.

Billy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (07-01-16), Khun Don (06-01-16), Marie (06-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I forgot to say,

Upon my arrival back to Bangkok the other day queues for immigration where so long stretching far out into the walkways. I was allowed to check in at the Thai nationals queue after i asked, there where only six people in that queue.
    When I was departing from Thailand the queues at immigration were very long. One official minding the queues told us to join the Thai nationals' row, which was short. To make sure I heard it right, I asked that person to confirm it; he did. So we left our original queue and joined the Thais. However, when our turn came, the immigration person said, "Only Thai", and pointed at the sign. LOL My companion was fuming mad as we returned to foreigners' lines which were now longer. My companion asked me if I knew how to swear in Thai. Unfortunately, I didn't! So we just cussed in our language.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (07-01-16), emu (07-01-16), Khun Don (08-01-16), Susana (10-07-16)

Thanks

I had my first sushi this evening at terminal 21, it was lovely food, i will return here again for sure, all served with a pot of hot green tea, the restaurant was called Fuji Japanese restaurant on the fourth floor just on your left as you exit from the elevator. Tonight i think we will try another sushi place oeshidez mentioned called Kouen, it is a salmon place near to national Stadium skytrain.

I do have pictures but do not know how to add from my phone, i will do when i return home.

Billy.
    Last edited by billyboy; 08-01-16 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Adding text

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (08-01-16), wilma (13-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I had my first sushi this evening at terminal 21, it was lovely food, i will return here again for sure, all served with a pot of hot green tea, the restaurant was called Fuji Japanese restaurant on the fourth floor just on your left as you exit from the elevator.

Billy.
    I passed by that restaurant, but didn't eat there. Looked expensive to me. LOL Was the food OK?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (08-01-16)

Thanks

Marie,

The food was brilliant and we had a lot of it, i will show you the pictures later, B1000 for everything including desert and drinks, ie cold iced green tea and i had a pot of hot green tea. I can eat a lot of food likewise my girlfriend her being Thai. Lol.

Billy.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (21-06-16), h90 (08-01-16), Khun Don (08-01-16), Marie (08-01-16), wilma (13-02-16)

Thanks

This afternoon i am in Soi 4 Nana purely for people watching. Mikeheart has set of in his drive this morning to Chiang Mai via a few other provinces which he will explore on the way. We will meet and join up for further travels Monday when i will fly to CM. Today and tonight i am free! My girlfriend is with her family and my best mate Mike is on his way to our next destination. I might be lonely in Bangkok tonight.

Okay, decisions made, i shall take everything out tonight, explore, take pictures from everywhere in the near vicinity, see if i can master the Go Pro, i will start at Terminal 21 where i will eat alone....so sad...see what pictures etc i can do then on to Soi Cowboy to find a nice quiet bar to sit watch and not be intrusive. After i might try Hooters in Soi 4 Nana, looks good for video. After Soi Nana Plaza. This is all experimentation with Go Pro, but we will see.

I have noticed most Tuk Tuks in this area...Soi 11... Now have a netting on the drivers side only, could this be to deter bag snatching say when in trafic? I am not sure? Hope not, but i guess they have a reason why.
    Bye

Billy.
    Last edited by billyboy; 08-01-16 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Adding text.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (12-01-16), Khun Don (08-01-16), Susana (08-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Being on our own gives us the opportunity to observe our surroundings more closely. No doubt you'll get lots of good pictures and story material during this time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

billyboy (08-01-16)

Thread Information