PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Met Thai Woman Online - Confused
    Thanks

so happy! Met Thai Woman Online - Confused

I met a Thai woman online few months ago. Beautiful woman. She was adopted as a child by a Caucasian family and may have different views than someone that grew up in Thailand. She is highly educated(Ph.D). Her children are grown and so are mine. We chatted online off and on. She told me that she was high maintenance which was kind of a turn off so I stopped contacting her as much but she continued contacting me. She never has asked for money but I can tell she likes nice things which is not problem as long as she is not asking me to buy them at this point. I did not contact her as much but she contacted me here and there. I gave her my number but she continues to contact me via the site. We recently met at a restaurant and spent time going to various stores afterwards. I paid for dinner but that was about it. We had a good time overall but she did talk about herself a lot. She also came across a little arrogant. After the meetup she contacted me online again although she has my number she has never used it. She also has family in the area and tells me when she is visiting but we have never met when she visits in the area. I asked her if there was an interest and she said yes and that Why wouldn't she be because I was a great catch.

Very strange but I thought maybe it is a cultural thing and I always want to be understanding, not assume and be open minded. Just wanted opinions.

Thanks in Advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darltk For This Useful Post:

kimonochi (05-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: Met Thai Woman Online - Confused

(I hope Paul_Au never sees this post. LOL! Couldn't resist it!)

Darltk, sorry, that's a private joke. I will give you a serious answer later. Am just rushing now. Welcome to this Forum, and thanks for posting.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Curt (16-12-15), kelwts (07-03-16), mikeheart (16-12-15)

Thanks

Hi

If she was adopted and grew up in America and raised children and is now older she would be much more American than Thai. I would doubt if she has any Thai culture. Ask Dear Abby.

Culture is learned from experience and living. Just because she happens to be Thai geneticly doesn't mean she understands or lives Thai culture/ Does she speak Thai? Does she have lots of thai friends in USA or large Thai family in Thailand?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Speaking of Dear Abby:

Dear Abby,
    My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and, when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating.
    Also, since he lost his job 14 years ago, he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and
    shoot the bull with his buddies, while I have to work to pay the bills.
    Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me, and even hints that I may be a lesbian.
    What should I do?

Signed: Clueless

Dear Clueless:

Grow up and dump him. You don't need him anymore! Good grief woman, you're running for President of the United States.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

emu (16-12-15), misterA (16-12-15)

Thanks

Hahaha! This is hilaryous!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Wasn't this exact thing posted about a month ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darltk View Post
    I met a Thai woman online few months ago. Beautiful woman. She was adopted as a child by a Caucasian family and may have different views than someone that grew up in Thailand. She is highly educated(Ph.D). Her children are grown and so are mine. We chatted online off and on. She told me that she was high maintenance which was kind of a turn off so I stopped contacting her as much but she continued contacting me. She never has asked for money but I can tell she likes nice things which is not problem as long as she is not asking me to buy them at this point. I did not contact her as much but she contacted me here and there. I gave her my number but she continues to contact me via the site. We recently met at a restaurant and spent time going to various stores afterwards. I paid for dinner but that was about it. We had a good time overall but she did talk about herself a lot. She also came across a little arrogant. After the meetup she contacted me online again although she has my number she has never used it. She also has family in the area and tells me when she is visiting but we have never met when she visits in the area. I asked her if there was an interest and she said yes and that Why wouldn't she be because I was a great catch.

Very strange but I thought maybe it is a cultural thing and I always want to be understanding, not assume and be open minded. Just wanted opinions. .
    Wow, this woman is quite forthright!! I can't say this is a typical trait of Thai women (I mean the forthrightness). More of the opposite.

Having said that, I think this is now a matter of whether the overall behavior she has demonstrated is acceptable to you or not, because at this stage in her life, it may be quite hard for her to change.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

There is something fishy about this first post. She has a PHD, has grown up children, and has never asked for money. Why would she. The whole story is a large crock of manure.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Thanks

question Re: Met Thai Woman Online - Confused

Thanks everyone for you responses. I agree that she is Americanized. She does speak Thai and Spanish. She actually takes pride in her Thai culture and talks about it all the time. This is not actually a load of crap but right on point. She has a Ph.D in education which does not pay as much as some degrees. The reason the money issue was mentioned was because she stated prior to meeting her that she was "High Maintenance." I had my guard up prior to the meetup. I think she is High Maintenance but she tends to spend her own money on the nice things which can roll over to the person if a relationship develops.

This is probably just a personality thing and probably has nothing to do with culture. I have dealt with women from different cultures but this is a new one in regards to the way she comes across. I am trying to be open minded but I probably already know the answer and at this age I either accept it for what it is or move on. I appreciate the input none the less.

Thread Information