PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
News: Women Doubly Repressed Under Junta and Patriarchy, ‘Woman of Courage’ Winner Says
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Women Doubly Repressed Under Junta and Patriarchy, ‘Woman of Courage’ Winner Says

Women Doubly Repressed Under Junta and Patriarchy, ‘Woman of Courage’ Winner Says

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
    Staff Reporter

CHIANG MAI â€â€ A Chiang Mai bookseller who says Thai women are victims of double repression in a patriarchal society ruled by the military will become the first Thai recipient of an award recognizing courageous women around the world.

Rodjaraeg Wattanapanit, owner of Chiang Mai’s Book Re:public, is in Washington D.C., where she will deliver a short speech Tuesday evening as she accepts an International Women of Courage Award from the U.S. State Department.

“I will receive this award in the name of women and everyone in Thailand who are fighting with injustice,” Rodjaraeg said.

KHAOSOD
    Last edited by Khun Don; 01-04-16 at 12:15 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Susana (29-03-16)

Thanks

Re: Women Doubly Repressed Under Junta and Patriarchy, ‘Woman of Courage’ Winner Says

patriarchal society: In business for sure not true

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: Women Doubly Repressed Under Junta and Patriarchy, ‘Woman of Courage’ Winner Says

patriarchal society: In business for sure not true
    I guess that's why my brother-in-law, who hasn't even a high school diploma, has progressed further, and makes more money, than my sister-in-law, with an MBA. Or, just maybe it's his golfing!
    Last edited by Curt; 30-03-16 at 08:44 AM.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I guess that's why my brother-in-law, who hasn't even a high school diploma, has progressed further, and makes more money, than my sister-in-law, with an MBA. Or, just maybe it's his golfing!
    >50 % of our customer, either owner or Manager or the decision maker at purchase department are women. Often Chinese SME give the management to their daughters (as the sons are often useless spoiled drunks). Our biggest competitor has a woman as manager (and owner), while her husband isn't much in the same company. At our bank the manager is a woman.... MBA is overrated, at least for SME which are the majority of companies. Our production manager has only a "temple school", but he know how to get things done. He earns triple of what I would pay an MBA paper pusher in the office.
    Often it is the women who get things done in Thailand......Of course there are lots of bragging macho men in Thailand, but they aren't the decision maker....that are often Chinese ethnic women.

Thread Information