PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Hell / monkey temple Wat Kai, Lopburi help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hell / monkey temple Wat Kai, Lopburi help

I have been here in Bangkok for a few days now and am settled in, I think. I have stocked the fridge and have been cooking daily. Now, I want to get out and do some things. I checked Google for some ideas and here is what I was thinking for tomorrow.

http://www.renegadetravels.com/wat-k...monkey-temple/

I take the MRT from Silom to Hua Lamphong ⾧. Then, I walk to the railroad station and buy a ticket to Ayutthaya ظ.

Question #1: Are these the links for the trip I am writing about?

time:
    http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/c...p?lenguage=Eng

price
    http://www.railway.co.th/Ticket/Chec...a&lenguage=eng

I was thinking we should take the 0830 special express since it is the fastest and (hopefully) nicest.

Question #2: Based on your train experiences, which seat option is the best choice? It doesn't have to be ultra-luxury since I don't want to just waste money but at the same time, I definitely don't want to skim out and end up in a horrible seat. She would kill me. What do you recommend?

After we arrive at Ayutthaya, the link says we must take a tuk-tuk to Wat Kai Ѵ.

Question #3: Since tuk-tuks are always negotiation, what price should I stick to so I don't get ripped off? I was thinking that since we plan on going to multiple places, I should agree upon a set price 'for the day' or rather for our 4-5 hours there.

Lastly, I wanted to check out the hell temple, Wat Muang Ѵǧ, that is in Angthong ҧͧ which is also supposedly very close to Wat Kai. And then check out the town of Lopburi ž.

Question #4: For Wat Muang and Lopburi, do I just tell the tuk-tuk to take me there and he should know both of these places?

Thanks

Re: Hell / monkey temple Wat Kai, Lopburi help

You would be better and it would be cheaper to rent a car with driver. Its more than hour from Ayuttaya to Lop Buri

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    You would be better and it would be cheaper to rent a car with driver. Its more than hour from Ayuttaya to Lop Buri
    I didn't go there myself but my parents went there with the train and they really enjoyed the train ride.

Thanks

@mike - Can you explain how it would be cheaper with driver rather than train? Also, how do I go about getting a driver as I have never heard of this option before.

Thanks

I have sent a PM with my phone number but in summary its cheaper because you don't have to do all the individual journeys.There are many both private car drivers and taxis around tourist areas. Call if you would like to

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeheart For This Useful Post:

Marie (01-04-16)

Thanks

http://blogaboutasia.com/2015/08/ang...buddhist-hell/
    This link says it's ~50km from Ayutthaya to Angthong and looking at the map on the bottom, it seems like it would be another ~50km north to Lopburi from there. All doeable in a day.

Thanks

Yes all doable in a day..... by car not by tuk tuk in my opinion and I have done it many times.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

My idea is to hire only 1 car (with the driver) for all the destinations. And since the negotiation is done only one time, that would save on time, instead of talking to different people for individual journeys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

mikeheart (01-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    My idea is to hire only 1 car (with the driver) for all the destinations. And since the negotiation is done only one time, that would save on time, instead of talking to different people for individual journeys.
    I would rather take the train, make only half the destinations and look at things. Driver is sterile. Train you may get food (not sure maybe not) mix with the people, speak with them. You may loose half of the things to look at, but you get the real Thailand.

I recall going to Chumphon, somewhere the train stopped for a long time...nothing to do and bored the woman opposite spoke with me. A teacher soon to be retired in somewhere nowhere ordered to teach sexual things....she told everyone in the class know more than she.....Nice talk in the train..private car....nothing

Thanks

Thank you, everyone. I decided to just take the train there and back. What a cramped ride but it was a good experience nonetheless.

There was some kind of event going on at the temple where people dancing while going around a circle area with music. I danced for a bit and then they made me drink some kind of alcoholic beverage that they were passing around. I wonder what that was...

Thread Information