PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Visitor Warning: Now motorcyclists are banned from using flyovers, tunnels for crossing
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Now motorcyclists are banned from using flyovers, tunnels for crossing

Now motorcyclists are banned from using flyovers, tunnels for crossing
    in General | April 1, 2016 11:17 am

Bangkok traffic police have now begun to take tough action on motorcycles running on flyovers and in underpasses as the traffic law banning several types of vehicles using these crossings became effective yesterday.

MORE THAI PBS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: Now motorcyclists are banned from using flyovers, tunnels for crossing

Most of the flyovers are already off limits to motorcycles.

The problem that exists is that, in many cases, there is no through traffic at intersection level, making a rider take a detour down the cross street, then a U-turn back to the original road, to continue in the original direction of travel.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (01-04-16)

Thanks

complete nonsense.....
    First a motorbike with one person is the far better transport than the car with one person when you think of pollution, speed, congested streets.
    Second it is social....only the rich are allowed to use the good streets???? That is very wrong.
    Motorbikes and small vehicles should get an advantage.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

ban on motorbikes

Motorcyclists go to court to fight flyover ban
    Angsuma Sridokkham,
    Wuth Jittakham,
    Suriya Patathayo

The Nation April 26, 2016 1:00 am

REPRESENTATIVES of a motorcyclists group filed a complaint at the Central Administrative Court yesterday seeking a temporary injunction and cancellation of the Bangkok traffic police ban on motorcycles driving on 45 flyovers and underpasses............

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

The flyover rule is nothing more than an easy money grab for cops. The plant themselves under a shady tree at the end of the flyover and snag motos as the cross over.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Excuse me for being a bit off topic, but I have just remembered how trucks/lorries were not allowed on the streets of Bangkok during the day time. They came in at 4 am, allowing them just a short time to make deliveries and leave the city. I don't remember what time they had to leave.

Does anyone know if this law is still in effect?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    Excuse me for being a bit off topic, but I have just remembered how trucks/lorries were not allowed on the streets of Bangkok during the day time. They came in at 4 am, allowing them just a short time to make deliveries and leave the city. I don't remember what time they had to leave.

Does anyone know if this law is still in effect?
    There are restrictions on the entry of four and six-wheeled trucks in to the Greater Bangkok Area during peak hours (0600-0900 and 1600-2000 every day except public and school holidays). Restriction hours are longer for ten wheelers and larger trucks (0600-1000 and 1500-2100 every day except public and school holidays). Small cargo vehicles with fare weight not exceeding 1600 kg are exempted from the restrictions. These restrictions apply to moving vehicles, and trucks which are inside the city during the restricted hours must stop and stay parked during the restriction period.

(I think I have also read somewhere that cement delivery trucks are excluded from the restrictions.)

David

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

Susana (26-04-16)

Thread Information