PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai Immigration are becoming stricter on keeping tabs on where you are.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Thai Immigration are becoming stricter on keeping tabs on where you are.

Richard Barrow ‎@RichardBarrow

[1/4] Thai Immigration are becoming stricter on keeping tabs on where you are. Please show this to your landlord:

[2/4] Your landlord has to report to Immigration within 24 hours of your arrival or they will be fined. Returning from holidays dont count.

[3/4] You must report your address to Immigration every 90 days. If you move to another address, you must tell Immigration within 24 hours.

[4/4] If you travel to another province & stay longer than 24 hours, you must report your address to Immigration or police within 48 hours.

Thanks

Re: Thai Immigration are becoming stricter on keeping tabs on where you are.

Stay longer than 24 hours must report
    Lets say my parents visit and we go here and there to see something from Thailand, we must report to the Immigration every day? And every day a other address.
    We should really do that, so Immigration gets 10.000s of reports every day.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to h90 For This Useful Post:

Susana (05-04-16)

Thanks

Hi

On my last 90 day report I had to show my house registration form and was told to carry at all times.
    I also was told I have to re-register when i come back into Thailand when i leave on my vacation in April even though i will be coming back to same house. and they said something about my 90 days will start again when I enter thailand. when i got my re-entry stamp and year extension. so f--ing confusing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

I would think khonrai, that when you arrive, you put your address on the arrival card, and that with your 90 day stamp would be sufficient. Not so?
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I would think khonrai, that when you arrive, you put your address on the arrival card, and that with your 90 day stamp would be sufficient. Not so?
    Yes that would make perfect sense but alas you forgot this is Thailand LOL

My 90 day stamp is up on May 17th I come back in on April 21 I have to register my address by form with either immigration or police and then carry a copy of the receipt.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

emu (06-04-16)

Thanks

That is an OLD flyer. The thai immigration office at Chaengwattana started handing it out back in early 2015.

They were making EVERYONE who was purchasing a re-entry permit fill out a TM.30. I remember looking in the office where they logged them into the computer and there were literally thousands of the completed forms in boxes waiting to be entered into some data base.

BTW: the form is titled; "Notification From For House-Master, Owner or the Possessor Of The Residence Where Alien Has Stayed"

At least in Bangkok you can "self sign it" meaning you don't need the owner of the property's house book or copy of their thai i/d..
    IF you want to turn in this form out at Chaengwattana please note; you don't do it at the cubicle with the sign saying TM.30 Form. Instead they have a desk in section A (where you do 90 day reports). You just fill it out yourself, turn it in and they tear the bottom part off and give it to you to keep in your passport.

In talking to the officer collecting these forms, I asked IF I went on vacation and came back to the same address already on file would I have to fill out another one? He said NO, only if I changed addresses.

Now up Chiang Mai Chiang Rai way those officers have a different interpretation of the rule and are making people re-file that TM.30 even if they just went on vacation and returned to the address already on file..

Also there are reports in the thai related forums on the inter-web that some foreigners' wives were fined (800baht usually) for failing to turn this form in, even though their husband had lived at the residence for years and years, done yearly extensions and 90 day reports using the address.

That's all the info I got on it, but it's accurate for Bangkok of that I'm sure..

Thanks

Hi

In Thailand one size does not fit all. everyone's experience with immigration or any Thai government is a little different depending on where you are, what you are doing, and how the officers feels about you.

They finally got an immigration office in my town 1 min from my school so now easy to get too and one of the officers has a daughter in my class. so she is really friendly and helpful to me LOL still need all the massive BS of forms but she said don't worry she will help me.

Thread Information