PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
News: Young Thai thugs beat up elderly British visitors and family in Hua Hin -VIDEO
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Young Thai thugs beat up elderly British visitors and family in Hua Hin -VIDEO

Last edited by Khun Don; 28-04-16 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks

Re: Young Thai thugs beat up elderly British visitors and family in Hua Hin -VIDEO

Hi

this is why I leave Thailand during Songkran and always stay away from drunk partying always. and never argue with Thai's especially when both parties are drunk.
    Is the video and the first hand account the same incident as the first hand account is totally different to what happened on video.

IMO in the video two thai"s are arguing the family walks by the son brushs one man he try's to grab the son and the son falls. then mom gets into his face and after a min of arguing all hell breaks lose and like all thai fights not fair never one on one. always fighting a pack. one man laid all three out then the rest if the pack kicked them while they were like little vermon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (28-04-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

Re: Young Thai thugs beat up elderly British visitors and family in Hua Hin -VIDEO

It's not possible to know what went on between the two parties. What is disturbing is the level of violence inflicted on the victims, and that the latecomers felt that it was ok to kick the victims on the ground. People die from this sort of thing. very sad to see.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emu For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (28-04-16), Susana (28-04-16)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree you should never argue with Thai's, especially when drunk. However, that doesn't mean you don't stand up for yourself, or for others in these situations. I strongly believe if 2 people are having a brawl, then let them get on with it. But when it's several against one and the "kicking them when they're down" tactics begin, onlookers should step in and try to defuse the situation. Especially when an old woman is being beaten like in this video.

I had a Thai guy start on me once (verbally) when i was out with some friends a few years back. He was drunk and i assume he targeted me as i was a farang. - just wrong place, wrong time. I just ignored him and suggested to my friends we should leave. Out of nowhere, his friend grabbed me from behind. To cut a long story short, i knocked the pair of them out. Before i could leave though, 3 more "friends" began having a go at me physically. After hurting 2 of them, the last one resorted to verbal abuse only. Needless to say my friends and onlookers whisked me out of there before the authorities arrived. This happened in Hat Yai. Completely unprovoked. Had i not been my size and strength, i could have ended up like the victims in this video.

While it's the only situation i've personally encountered like this in Thailand, i have heard stories that Thais will gang up against foreigners in these situations. Take away the old lady part, i'm sad to say this is a typical scene at any given weekend night, back home. Anyway, i hope they get to the bottom of this and deal with those who were in the wrong. More bad press for Thailand.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

emu (28-04-16), Khun Don (28-04-16), Marie (29-04-16), Susana (28-04-16)

Thanks

More bad press for Thailand indeed-prominently featured in a lot of British newspapers today.

Thanks

Four nabbed for badly beating up a British family in Hua Hin
    in General | April 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Four men have been arrested in Hua Hin for allegedly badly beating up a British family of three on the night of Songkran Day after one of the victims accidentally collided with one of them.

The brutal assault of the three Britons, 68-year old Lewis Owen, his 68-year old wife Mrs Rosemary Owen and their 43-year old son, John Owen, which happened in front of hundreds of both Thai and foreign spectators in Soi Binthabaart in front of Wat Hua Hin was a headline story in the Daily Mirror and drew widespread condemnation against the assailants.

MORE THAI PBS

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

emu (29-04-16), Marie (29-04-16), Susana (29-04-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Imbeciles! It makes me absolutely incensed that they had to assault defenseless individuals, including elderlies who could be older than their own grandparents!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (29-04-16), Susana (29-04-16)

Thanks

What astounds me is all the people around watching and not trying to help. Maybe helping would have made it worse I don't know but I could not have stood and watched. The attack was just viscous.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeheart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

Agreed Mikeheart. How they can get away with something like that in public with so many people watching beggars belief. The Thai girl who tried to stop them is a hero in my opinion. She couldn't change things, but she tried.
    The only thing I can think, is that maybe it was too quick, and the spectators were in shock, thinking, is this really happening?
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    What astounds me is all the people around watching and not trying to help. Maybe helping would have made it worse I don't know but I could not have stood and watched. The attack was just viscous.
    Mike, this guy came to the rescue of the old lady.And, he, himself was beaten up badly. Maybe the other onlookers knew the likely response of the attackers that's why they froze.

'
    I tried to help British family set upon by Thai thugs – and now I need surgery': Man tells how he paid the price for trying to stop elderly couple and their son who were beaten unconscious in resort attack
    Read further...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz47EHsJe67

Thread Information