PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What is the cheapest round trip flight from your location to Thailand
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

What is the cheapest round trip flight from your location to Thailand

Just out of curiosity, because I'm not going anywhere, I checked for the lowest round trip fare between Greensboro, N.C. and Bangkok.

I did two searches, the first using Google, and the lowest price was just under $2000.00. For the second search I used DuckDuckGo, which Curt had mentioned in a different thread. I don't know if this is the reason, but the second search got a result of $1300.00.

What is the best round trip air fare from your location?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: What is the cheapest round trip flight from your location to Thailand

When i first came to Thailand 6 years ago i got a flight for under £100 ($160/5000B) with AirAsia. However, they no longer fly to/from the UK. The flight was from London to KL then KL - Phuket. Though it was a 1-way flight, not a return. When i left again, to embark on my current backpacking adventure, 2 years ago, it cost me £300 ($500/15,000B) from UK - Thailand via Mumbai, India. Again, that was 1-way. While in Asia, i've always used AirAsia except when i flew to the Philippines. Kuwait Airlines beat AA on price with that one. Though i did fly back with AA. I always check Sky Scanner for the best deals, though 99% of the time, AA works out cheapest - though i usually pay more for my 20KG backpack than i do for my seat. That's the thing to be aware of, heavy baggage can really make a difference on "budget" airlines. Anyway, check out www.skyscanner.net

Sometimes it makes a huge difference WHICH airport you fly to as well. So try searching different airports within the same city. For example, with AirAsia, you MUST fly to Don Muang (DMK), they don't fly to BKK (i can never remember the name of the other airport - Suv....something?). So in that case you don't have a choice. However, i'm in China now and head to Japan in 3 weeks. My flight back to Thailand (DMK) with Air Asia was half the price because i'm flying from Naruto as opposed to Haneda. Both in Tokyo. While Haneda is a little easier and cheaper to get to/from, a £10/$15 trip on the tube/metro takes me directly to Naruto. It's saved me £60/$100 in the end. which is a week in Thailand for me So play around with different airports within a city. Though obviously you have to weigh the pros and cons to each flight. In my case it was worth it. In some cases you're looking at extra travelling time and costs, only to save £10 on a flight - which isn't worth it.

EDIT: No idea why the GBP sign is showing up as £ when i post???
    Last edited by Arwing; 04-05-16 at 08:54 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (04-05-16), Marie (04-05-16), Susana (04-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

From where I work in Darwin,if bookng 2 months ahead as usual, I pay $450 return. One month early, $500 return, or as today booking one day before flying, $500 one way. Bugger.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emu For This Useful Post:

homejames (11-05-16), Khun Don (04-05-16), Susana (04-05-16)

Thanks

Hi

Just flew BKK to LAX $818 round trip. talking to young girl on flight to LAX she paid $621 round trip LAX to BKK booking only a few weeks ahead

7. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Susana (04-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arwing View Post
    EDIT: No idea why the GBP sign is showing up as £ when i post???
    Problem with the Forum software!
    Usually avoid such by using a phrase like" from UK it is xxx GBP" or, for a shorter example, "xxx (UK Pound)"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

I usually get notice from "Bangkok Price Drop Alert" on my email. You can compare hundreds of travel sites at once,like:
    cheaptickets cheapoair
    expedia hipmunc
    hotwire orbitz
    AsapTickets
    webjet travelocity
    smartfares onetravel
    ------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwing
    My flight back to Thailand (DMK) with Air Asia was half the price because i'm flying from Naruto as opposed to Haneda. Both in Tokyo. While Haneda is a little easier and cheaper to get to/from, a £10/$15 trip on the tube/metro takes me directly to Naruto.
    Hi Arwing,
    I think you mean Narita Airport? Slip of the finger, I know, LOL, since Naruto is a very famous Japanese manga series viewed in many countries. Cheers!-Marie

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Arwing (05-05-16), Susana (05-05-16)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Hi Arwing,
    I think you mean Narita Airport? Slip of the finger, I know, LOL, since Naruto is a very famous Japanese manga series viewed in many countries. Cheers!-Marie
    Haha yeah, who put the "i" next to the "u" on the QWERTY keyboard ??? Though if i'm being totally honest, it wasn't a typo. I know of Naruto and must have had that name in my head for some reason. More a slip of the mind than the finger As you rightly say, i meant Narita
    Last edited by Arwing; 05-05-16 at 08:37 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

Marie (05-05-16)

Thanks

Susana, when my girlfriend (nice to say that now) flew from Phuket to San Francisco round trip it cost her $618.00 with all taxes and fees. Cheap O Air sends me rountrip deals (alerts) almost every day to Bangkok or Phuket from San Francisco for under $650 with all fees included. I'm sure I'll be going there for a visit someday.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger62 For This Useful Post:

Susana (11-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

My daughter uses Cheap-O air and gets really good deals. Getting from east to west coast would be my major problem. I think there is more competition for flights from the west coast to SE Asia. Like I say, I'm not going anywhere, so this is all for conversation.

I think you should definitely go to Thailand. For one thing, she has visited you on your home turf, and it's only fair and reasonable that you should visit her home territory. Besides that, you'll really enjoy experiencing the culture first hand and meeting her family. You have time to do a bit of studying on Thai culture and what to do when you meet her family, etc..

Thread Information