PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Many loves ,many lives.
    Thanks

Many loves ,many lives.

Back in my school days, I remembered reading a book in the library titled '' Many loves ,many lives '' written by a female American author.
    From what I understood then , it was about reincarnation. There was no clarity or evidence to be found that after death we reborn again but more like a journey through the years of our existence i.e. from childhood to youth to adolescence and finally to death. The joys and sorrows we encountered during our lifespan.
    She gave examples of a 4 year boy smoking a cigar in India and 3 year girl in China reading adult books. These examples could lead us to believe that they were reincarnated.
    Then I had a conversation with a female Jehovah Witness. She asked if I believe that there is '' life after death''. I said that I don't know. What do you think?:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Re: Many loves ,many lives.

I have some acquaintances who are Jehovah Witnesses. They are very nice people, but I always make it clear, as firmly and politely as possible, that I am not interested in changing my religious views, and never will be.

So far as I know, there is no one who has died and after a long time come back to tell about it, so it is all philosophical, in my opinion.

Here is what JWs believe concerning the afterlife:

"Jehovah's Witnesses deny the existence of hell. Instead, they hold that the souls of the wicked will be annihilated. The death that Adam brought into the world is spiritual as well as physical, and only those who gain entrance into the Kingdom of God will exist eternally. However, this division will not occur until Armageddon, when all people will be resurrected and given a chance to gain eternal life. In the meantime, "the dead are conscious of nothing." [10]

Witnesses also have a slightly different view of heaven than mainstream Christianity. Based on their reading of prophetic books like Daniel and Revelation, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144,000 people will go to heaven to rule with God and Jesus. The remainder of the righteous will enjoy paradise on earth - a restored Garden of Eden in which there is no sickness, old age, or unhappiness."

http://www.religionfacts.com/jehovahs-witnesses/beliefs

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

I worked for a company on and off for fifteen years. The owner and I still keep in touch, more or less monthly. He, or legally speaking, his company, have ripped off many other companies and individuals, including me. But I recouped most through legal avenues. They change the company name every couple of years, in fact they have sub companies to aid in tax avoidance.

So, to the point. He is a strong catholic. Goes to church every sunday, gives generously in collections, donates to leukemia foundation and many other charities to ensure he goes to heaven.

That is his conscience. The lot of someone who doesn't believe in confession and absolution, is to do the right thing all the time. Believing in an afterlife, and the requirements for it, distort the realities of being a decent person.

He is in for a shock when the lights go out. The reality will be that when you die, you die absolutely. People like to believe that there will be more. Maybe just step back and look at people going to church, praying etcetera, have just wasted their time. Anyhow, it gives them hope for..................
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rijmond View Post
    She asked if I believe that there is '' life after death''. I said that I don't know. What do you think?:
    We'll find out when we die.

Thanks

"but more like a journey through the years of our existence i.e. from childhood to youth to adolescence and finally to death. The joys and sorrows we encountered during our lifespan."

To relive my entire life would be hell. Really, although I consider myself a positive thinking person.

If there is reincarnation or an afterlife, I would expect it to be based on what I have learned from my experiences and choices in this life, not a repeat of past mistakes.
    Last edited by Susana; 27-05-16 at 08:31 PM. Reason: poor expression of thoughts

Thread Information