PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
News Update: Central bank prints banknotes to celebrate Queen’s 70th Cycle - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: Central bank prints 70-baht banknotes to celebrate King’s 70th anniversary of acc

Eagerly anticipating this note appearing on dealers lists.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Central bank prints 70-baht banknotes to celebrate King’s 70th anniversary of acc

Quote Originally Posted by David_Loves_Ubonwan View Post
    Eagerly anticipating this note appearing on dealers lists.

David
    I'm surprised you didn't pop in to a bank this morning at get one. I'm assuming dealers will have a mark up on their prices, compared to the banks 100B? I still can't believe 20 million sold in 3hrs though. The lady behind the counter did ask how many i wanted. I just said 1. I thought it a strange question as i'd assumed they'd be limited to 1 or 2 per person. But i suppose i could of bought 500 if i had the money?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (09-06-16), Susana (10-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Interesting, I just had a look on E Bay to see if any where up for sale yet and there where none, but, there are 10, 100, 500 and 1000 Baht notes in 24carat gold coverings for sale! would these be real? I mean actually printed or maybe someone copy.

David, I am of to Thailand soon and I will get you one of the new 70Baht notes.

Billy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arwing View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't pop in to a bank this morning at get one.
    I'm in Wales!

David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Interesting, I just had a look on E Bay to see if any where up for sale yet and there where none, but, there are 10, 100, 500 and 1000 Baht notes in 24carat gold coverings for sale! would these be real? I mean actually printed or maybe someone copy.
    They are note genuine notes, they are copies.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    David, I am of to Thailand soon and I will get you one of the new 70Baht notes.

Billy.
    That would be much appreciated if you could.

David

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Krung Thai Bank offers regret over an employee who overcharged commemorative banknotes
    in General | June 10, 2016 2:26 pm

The state-owned Krung Thai Bank has expressed regret over an incident when a man claiming to be an employee of the bank posting in his Facebook page an image showing a bunch of 70-baht commemorative banknotes and offering to sell them at 120 baht apiece.

MORE: THAI PBS

Thanks

UPDATE: I have got two of these banknotes via a Bangkok based dealer who I have used a few times before, so no need for you to get one for me Billy. But your kind offer was appreciated.

I got a note on its own and one in the presentation folder, eacn cost 140 Baht, a dealer markup of 40 Baht. Plus postage but I was already placing an order for a book anyway.

David

9. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

billyboy (10-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

They are on ebay in the USA at prices from $4.00 to $18.00 with free shipping from Thailand. There are also other Thai banknotes at various prices.

There is a lot of 100 pieces with the paper strip holding them together, no sleeves, with one bid at $369.00. This comes from: noteshobby (90301 )
    99.9% Positive feedback

There are Thai bank notes coming from Singapore, and even from China That one is covered in gold.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's kind of sad when something like this becomes a money making scheme for people. But at the same time, i suppose you could say the same about the royal mint, selling 70B for 100B. It's the same with concert tickets and the like. Genuine fans miss out because some company or individual has bought a shed-load, only to sell at highly inflated prices. These prices usually too much for the average fan to afford. Thus, the experience is reserved for the privileged and rich (and lucky). Maybe it's just me, but it all seems so unjust.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

Susana (11-06-16)

Thanks

The extra 30 Baht the banks are charging is going t the Kings charity good causes.

David

14. The Following User Says Thank You to David_Loves_Ubonwan For This Useful Post:

Susana (11-06-16)

Thread Information