PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
News Update: Central bank prints banknotes to celebrate Queen’s 70th Cycle - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Central bank prints 70-baht banknotes to celebrate King’s 70th anniversary of acc

Quote Originally Posted by David_Loves_Ubonwan View Post
    The extra 30 Baht the banks are charging is going t the Kings charity good causes.

David
    I read "a portion" of the profit, is being donated to the King. Still, i think it was worth 100B. My gripe was with those buying in bulk to profiteer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: Central bank prints 70-baht banknotes to celebrate King’s 70th anniversary of acc

As these notes are intended to be kept rather than spent you could say the whole 100 Baht (minus production costs) is "profit". In another place I have read 600,000,000 Baht is being donated to the Kings projects.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As these notes are intended to be kept rather than spent you could say the whole 100 Baht (minus production costs) is "profit". In another place I have read 600,000,000 Baht is being donated to the Kings projects.

David
    600,000,000 baht divided by 20,000,000 (the number of notes produced and sold) = 30 baht per note. Works out perfect.

Thanks

If anyone got one of these notes could tell me the prefix to the serial number I would be interested (the two characters before the seven digit number.)?

As an educated guess I would say 9K, but that would only allow for ten million (actually 9,999,999) notes so there would have to be a second one. By the way, if you have ANY Thai banknote where the letter is S it is rarer than normal...

David

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

Or, they add an extra digit after 9,999,999
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Or, they add an extra digit after 9,999,999
    No, there is only ever 9,999,999 in a batch.

David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If anyone got one of these notes could tell me the prefix to the serial number I would be interested (the two characters before the seven digit number.)?

As an educated guess I would say 9K, but that would only allow for ten million (actually 9,999,999) notes so there would have to be a second one. By the way, if you have ANY Thai banknote where the letter is S it is rarer than normal...

David
    Mine reads ø (8) then ... i can't even find the symbol that follows. It's not a ¡ (k) though. Looks more like this ¯ (but isn't). Maybe you can zoom in? (not sure on the quality) on the photos i posted. Those pics are of my actual note.

Thanks

This thread has prompted me to look at some Thai bank notes given to me in presentation cases except for one which is 10 baht with a photo of a very young king on the front and a figure on a horse on the rear. it is light brown in colour. the others are :-

a 60 baht note

An uncut sheet of 1,5 and 10 baht all with the same serial number from 2007.

500 baht with a gold hologram surrounded by a clear see through panel. This is in a presentation folder with an explanation booklet in Thai

a 50 baht note similar to the description above but white hologram.

Any offers?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    This thread has prompted me to look at some Thai bank notes given to me in presentation cases except for one which is 10 baht with a photo of a very young king on the front and a figure on a horse on the rear. it is light brown in colour. the others are :-

a 60 baht note

An uncut sheet of 1,5 and 10 baht all with the same serial number from 2007.

500 baht with a gold hologram surrounded by a clear see through panel. This is in a presentation folder with an explanation booklet in Thai

a 50 baht note similar to the description above but white hologram.

Any offers?
    I'd pay you 626ß for the lot

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arwing For This Useful Post:

mikeheart (13-06-16)

Thanks

If you pay my flight too they are yours!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeheart For This Useful Post:

Arwing (13-06-16)

Thread Information