PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Foreign National Information Form in Thailand
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

June 7, 2016
    By Richard Barrow

It hasnt been rolled out nationwide yet, but the Foreign National Information Form has started to make an appearance at some Immigration offices around Thailand. Samut Prakan is the latest office to have this form. it would seem that you need to fill it in during every visit, which includes 90 day reporting and extension of stay. A friend had to fill it in twice during the period of one month. You should also note that you need a passport photo for this form. The following is the introduction at the top of the form:
    This form shall be used for making record of information of every alien entering and staying in the Kingdom of Thailand and shall be submit with Notification of residences for Aliens (section 37, 38 of Immigration Act, BE, 2522), or 90-days notification, or Extension of Stays (all purposes), or Re-entry Permits, or in all cases involving alien labors.

Section 1 is for the recording officer to fill in his own details.

Section 2 is for information about the alien

1. Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother
    2. Full address and telephone numbers in home country
    3. Full address and telephone numbers of your home and work in Thailand
    4. Social media and email (this is optional)
    5. Car make, model, colour and license plate
    6. Frequently visited places or premises such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital etc
    7. Emergency contact details for one Thai and one foreign national
    8. Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number. This is only required for certain types of visa applications)

The third page is for any additional information that you wish to surrender to the Immigration officers.
    Please note, the form ends with these words: Providing false information to an officer, shall be punished under Penal Code.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: Foreign National Information Form in Thailand

As of today, at least at the Chang Wattana office for Bangkok residents, there is no form requirement for the 90 day reporting.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Hi

just had a friend do his 90 day report on a marriage visa. He had to fill out form.
    but my local Immigration office has always been way too anal LOL

I will write down the Immigration office has one place I visit often.

Thanks

I guess you are saying that your office is the one your friend visited
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

I was at the main Thai Immigration office here in Bangkok out at Chaengwattana on Monday and again yesterday. I saw no evidence that the form was being used.

I checked for it at the following sections; J & K - 30 day extensions for visa exempt & tourist visas, L - marriage, retirement, raising children, N - ED visa, A - 90 day report, C1 - Non-Immigrant Visa issuing & C2 - re-entry permit

There was a report that it was being handed out for people waiting in one section the other day, BUT was not asked for once you got to the officer. I guess you have to fill it out but DON'T hafta turn it in.

I even had a copy of the form along with a picture of the thai official who thought this form up. ( . . Ѫ Ǫûҳա).
    Name:  chachawan.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  13.6 KB

All I can say is I didn't see it being used and i was there about 3 hours each visit this week.. Your mileage may vary..

Thanks

UPDATE: Just a heads up.

I was out at the thai immigration office in the government complex Chaengwattana last week and they had the interns (the thai uni students wearing the red vests) handing those forms out in EVERY section where you could get an extension of stay (J-30 day visa exempt, K-60 day tourist visa, L-marriage, retirement & raising children, M-business, N1-education, N2-teachers).

What was funny was, while the interns were doing a great job giving them to people waiting in those areas, I never saw any officers ask for the form. In fact I saw a LOT of people outside after they got their extensions still holding the form!!

So just be aware it is being handed out..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tod-Daniels For This Useful Post:

emu (03-07-16), Susana (03-07-16)

Thanks

So, must you fill out the form and then toss it out, or just toss it out?

Thanks

Hi

Just did my 90 day report at the most anal office in Thailand

Chaing Khong. Like always I needed copies of my work permit, passport just front page and certain visa stamps, exit and entrance. Copy of my departure card and last 90 day report slip. and last but not least copy of my house registration.

but this time I had to fill out the dreaded new form

It wasn't that bad I didn't answer all and filled it out in English cursive writing so they probably can't read it anyway. In frequent places I put immigration office and Tesco and school didn't give my facebook or any other social media accounts only 1 e-mail account an old one. Did give my bike license and type. Plus had to provide a photo.

Then was told I need to fill this form out every time I do 90 day report.
    they gave me extra

Your experience will of course be different as no two visits or office's are the same
    I have a friend in Bangkok that does her 90 day on line. before when she went in person was in and out in 5 mins after getting through queue.

Actually they are very nice in this office and are very helpful if they like you.
    They addressed me by my name when I walked in.

They want me to teach the office staff English conversation dealing with words on the forms .

I gave them a rate. then they were trying to do me down so I stalled them for a few months saying was too busy at school.
    Last edited by Khun Don; 08-07-16 at 05:30 PM. Reason: language!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to khonrai For This Useful Post:

Susana (08-07-16)

Thanks

Visited Chang Wattana, today, to transfer stamps into new passport. Wasn't given the form, not did I see them being passed out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Susana (08-07-16)

Thread Information