PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Mae Hong Son

Thread: Mae Hong Son

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Mae Hong Son

Good travelogue and recommendation for accommodation in Mae Hong Son HERE

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (10-07-16), Marie (11-07-16), Susana (10-07-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Re: Mae Hong Son

Thanks Khun Don for opening this link to my Mae Hong Son report from my Thailand/Malaysia 2015/16 thread, I shall continue here if I may with Mae Hong Son and when all my photographs from this and other previous visits have been exhausted I will continue the remaining holiday report in the other thread. I hope this might enlighten others to the beauty of this jewel in the north, anyone who has visited please feel free to contribute with any information or photographs. I shall start to delve into my picture albums from past visits, hope you enjoy it. For now, two more pictures from my last trip, the first was again an early morning one, the mists seem to settle over the lake for an hour or so during sunrise before they just roll away over the trees and into the mountains with the hardly noticeable breeze. I have read that the lake looks even more amazing viewed from the Temple Doi Kong Moo if you wake up early and make it to the top for dawn, I have yet to see this. So here are two more pictures, the first one you can just see the early morning mists dispersing over the mountains.

The second picture shows another view from the lake just as the sun is beginning to set ( By the way these and the other pictures are all within metres from Piya Guest house as mentioned previously). In this picture you can see the building with an arch in the middle, I have stayed in that place before as well and it offers great views of the Temple opposite and the lake, also from there garden there is a iron gate that will lead you out to the lake. I remember my room there being pretty small but worth putting up with that for the view, In that archway they have two wooden reclining chairs like s, great for relaxation but beware when adjusting them! They are like a giant mousetraps, your fingers will get trapped like mine did one time!

Billy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mae Hong Son 4z.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	22182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mae Hong Son 1z.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	22183  

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (11-07-16), Marie (11-07-16), mikeheart (11-07-16), Susana (11-07-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

It looks amazing billyboy. On the to do list now
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emu For This Useful Post:

billyboy (13-07-16), Marie (13-07-16)

Thanks

Bamboo Bridge.

This is the bamboo bridge in Mae Hong Son, it is called the Sutongpe Bridge and is reputably the longest bamboo bridge in Thailand. I came across this place when I was looking on the web for some different places to visit and lo behold this came up and happened to be in my most favourite Thai province Mae Hong Son! So the must go and see box was ticked. The bridge was used last year 2015 I believe to film a scene for the movie ' Twilight Over Burma' . Not sure what the film is about but I shall seek to find out. Mike and myself drove to Mae Hong Son Mike being the braver drove tackling the long windy roads. The drive to the bridge from Mae Hong Son centre by the lake was not to far I think, just seemed a long way with the roads and bends. It was a little bit of an uphill downhill walk to get to the bridge when we arrived, not really a problem just a bit confusing. You can walk down to the bridge on a dirt track after you have parked if you want or you can start at the top and walk down a good few wooden steps to get to the same starting point on the bridge. We chose the dirt track down and the stairs back up.

First photo is from the very top looking down, this is where you can either start or finish from, up to you. Second photo is the start of the bridge.

Billy.

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 1. x..jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	22198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 2. x..jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	22199  

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (13-07-16), kfchugo (13-07-16), Khun Don (13-07-16), Marie (13-07-16), Susana (15-07-16)

Thanks

Here are some more pictures from the Bamboo Bridge, I have read that the valley is actually full of running water during the rainy season, I will check that out when I am there in about five weeks time. Fileeep has just left Mae Hong Son and also visited the bridge sometime today, he is having a great time doing the Mae Hong Son loop as they call it on his motorbike. I do really have to learn how to do posts where I can do text then a picture then more text and picture, it would make things look better, but for now I will have to bundle my pictures at the end.

Billy.

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 4x..jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	22200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 5x.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	279.1 KB 
ID:	22201  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 8x.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	22202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo Bridge 9x.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	22203  

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (14-07-16), kfchugo (14-07-16), Susana (15-07-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Sorted out how to post pics where you want to (after making the the first post!) Images have to be same low dpi as those you would use for a new post.

1. First click where you want the image to go on the post you are making!

2. Click the square box next to the unlink icon on the toolbar above -mouse over says "insert image"

3. Box opens. Click "From Computer" Tab top left in the box.Box displays a new page.

4. Browse for the image you want to upload-name of image appears right of the "Browse" box.

5.Click "Upload File(s)" and wait a few moments and your image should appear on the post where you clicked in "1" above!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (14-07-16), Marie (14-07-16), Susana (15-07-16)

Thread Information