Thanks
    Thanked 5,230 Times in 3,373 Posts

Clocks in the U.K. Just went back one hour.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow Clocks in the U.K. Just went back one hour. This means they get one extra hour in bed & the time difference with #Thailand is now 7 hours

Thanks
    Thanked 5,230 Times in 3,373 Posts

Re: Clocks in the U.K. Just went back one hour.

Don't we know it! Sick of this bi-annual messing with the clocks-which means spending time on updating clocks and watches, some timers that do not automatically update, and reinstalling programme reservations on modern Humax PVR's which do not seem capable of handling this anachronism.

It is argued that dawn would not break in Scotland until 9AM if we did not do this.

As Scotland has its own political assembly then surely they can legislate on this as they please and we further south can abandon it?

The link article has a poll on it. Currently 58% of those participating want an end to this lunacy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,179 Posts

Not just the UK but the whole of the EU changes its clocks at the same time.

As for the "Scotland" argument, the UK has had two time zones ipreviously. Up until 1916 Ireland was on Dublin Time which was 25 minutes different to Great Britain.

David

Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,130 Posts

China has one time zone!
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (30-10-16), Khun Don (31-10-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,956 Posts

It reverts back to "standard" time here at 2 am on November 6. I'm glad I consulted with my friend google since I had been thinking it was tonight.

The corner of Indiana where my niece lives is in a different time zone from where she works across the river in Kentucky. Her children will go to school in the local time zone, so it may work out well for her.

My daughter lives in a state where the time is three hours earlier than here. By the time she gets relaxed in the evening and has time to call I'm winding down for the day. I told her to just call whenever she can.

The good thing where I live is that the kids will no longer be getting on the school bus in the dark.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

David_Loves_Ubonwan (01-11-16), Khun Don (31-10-16)

Thread Information