PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
αΕΊΕΤιΉ

Thread: αΕΊΕΤιΉ

Thanks

αΕΊΕΤιΉ

What does it mean when a girl sticks out and curls her tongue at you? Here's an example of what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0726.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	22330

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: αΕΊΕΤιΉ

I researched on this and got the answer. But I am unsure if it's suitable to post the detailed answer in a family-friendly forum like this. I might get banned! LOL (The full answer is with the mods.) Anyway, the short version is it suggests LUST.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Oh my gosh. Are you serious? I found some answers that say it's flirting, and other answers that say it's a sign that the doer despises you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Unless Thai society has changed an awful lot since I was last there, which it may have, I think this might be considered improper conduct for a young person.

I agree with Marie's assessment.

Thanks

It has to be accompanied with a stare. Else by reflex some of us have a habit of wetting our lips now and then By the way, if some one directed a lustful gesture at you, I am surprised you are so unaware?
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks

Yes, also if the tongue is very curled and accompanied with a deep stare you can also use that gesture as a way to challenge someone. I have seen it my world could be same in Thai
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks

Perhaps Marie could share the source of her information. It's important to know if the gesture has other meanings.

I hope the moderator will indulge me for a moment as I explain myself. For instance, we are all familiar with the middle finger gesture. The first thing that comes to mind is that it means something offensive. However, I've seen it used more than once by people - who are teachers and government officials - to point at something or just as part of their gestures when they talk. There is nothing in the context of the situation that suggests that they were using that gesture as popularly understood. You may wonder why would anyone not know the gesture since it is (apparently) widely known. But there you have it.

Another example that comes to mind is saying excuse me when getting through a crowd. It is also widely known that mainland Chinese people do not say excuse me when pushing their way through a crowded train. That by most standards is rude. Then I heard this explanation from a Chinese woman who runs a travel agency in London. She said that Chinese generally are more reticent and reserved, so they prefer not to interrupt someone and so will just push their way through, but not like a bull in a china shop. I believe the explanation because while westerners tend to want to talk when they meet strangers, Asians tend to keep silent.

Thread Information