PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
I miss thailand!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey everyone!

I'm an 18 yr old girl residing in Canada. My mom is Thai and my dad is Chinese/Vietnamese and I often get mistaken for Spanish or Filipino Anyway, just reading all your wonderful stories of Thailand makes me want to go back badly. I was born in Thailand, specifically in Isan (Roi Et), came to Canada when I was 3 yrs and haven't gone back since My parents are planning a trip in summer 2006 though, but that's too looong. I miss everything about Thailand, the people, the FOOD! I only lived there for 3 years and those were my baby days, so I don't remember much of anything, but seeing pictures from relatives who have gone back and watching Thai shows and movies has made me homesick. I get asked a lot about my background because people can't seem to figure out what race I am and I tell them Thai, even though I have the Chinese/Vietnamese part, I relate more to Thai. Anyway, yeah I MISS THAILAND! terribly...

thanks for reading my post though..lol

delawang Guest
    There are a heck of a lot of people in Thailand who are 1/2 Chinese, and Vietnamese are starting to spread out too. In Laos and Cambodia you find a lot of 1/2 Vietnamese people. So, I guess technically you are Asian, but I think if you are from Roi Et and you like Isan food you are Isan

Thanks

happy

hi! i miss Thailand too, but i get to go back every year, hmm well, no this yr though. Im half aussie half Thai,a nd like u i get confused for spanish and/or filipino, esp in europe, ppl thought i was spanish . Wow, so do u speak any thai yourself? 2006 thats awhile to wait...... I think u may find the country has changed. Oh, if ucant guess im issan as well from Khorat (nakhon ratchasima). Me looove the food too!

Thanks
    hi miss_khorat, yay another Thai person that gets mistaken for spanish or filipino I speak very little Thai but I can understand most of it from watching Thai tv I know, by the time I go there everything has changed, not like it hasn't already but I'm sure in two more years it'll be more different than it is now. Thai food is awsome!

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I am a 20 yr old thai girl, i live in England. I moved to Uk when i was 8 years old with my mum and my sister. I really miss Thailand!! I went back to visit my family ealier this year, at Songkran. It was madness!! I even took my boyfriend with me, he really enjoyed it but couldn't work out why we have water fight!

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I am a 20 yr old thai girl, i live in England. I moved to Uk when i was 8 years old with my mum and my sister. I really miss Thailand!! I went back to visit my family ealier this year, at Songkran. It was madness!! I even took my boyfriend with me, he really enjoyed it but couldn't work out why we have water fight!

Thanks
    Hi everyone Im 19 year old boy, Im half Thai half Swe and live in Sweden.
    I was in Thailand last year and when we were going back to sweden I almost cried.
    I was thinking of all things I would miss.
    Well 1 year have passed an I allready missed 2 weddings and 1 birth of a beautiful baby
    When I turn 24 I will move to Thailand 4 ever cause I love Thailand so much.

Thanks
    Hello! I am a 16 year old half thai girl. I miss Thailand so much and i think about it all the time. I went there last february and had the time of my life. I will be going back in the summer of 2005 as a graduation gift, but that is not soon enough! I too get confused with being spanish, filipino, japanese, and even adopted It's weird.

Thanks
    Lol! What is up with that? I mean....how far is Thailand from the nearest Spanish-speaking country?! There is so much to miss in Thailand.....The Mall is the best....maybe its because theres where I spent most of my time in Thailand. I'm half Thai too and I think it's cool.

PS: The strangest race i've ever been asked was "Are you Middle Eastern?"....???

Thanks
    I am 0% Thai, I need a visa to enter Thailand each time, I have no real friend there, but I still miss it a lot!

One reason being that I live in my mind!
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thread Information