PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
When is the best time to travel?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

talking

We are planning a vacation to Thailand for 3 weeks in June/July 2003 but we're concerned about a number of things: the weather; any affects from the war; and the SARS outbreak. Can anyone provide us with some advice on the current status of things in Thailand? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    1. Weather should be no problem. June/July is early rainy season, which means that it may rain or it may not. If it rains, it's usually a 1-1,5 hour down pour and sunny for the rest of the time.
    2. War is unlikely to have any effects here, except economical.
    3. SARS, so far two or three have died, all got it in some other country. Watch the newspapers who the situation will develope, nobody can predict what it will be like in 2-3 months time, yet.

Thanks
    I really pray this SARS issue blows over because I'm from Singapore, one of the prime SARS locations, I 'm afraid I might face difficulty entering Thailand.

Falcoe Guest
    I very much would like to visit Thailand again but recently got tied down by work in Singapore. Sadly, hope I can visit Thailand again to look for my Thai friends. The Thais are very friendly and sincere towards friends.

Vali Guest
    I am frustrated by this whole SARS issue. I mean, it isn't THAT big of a deal! It is just like the flu and has only a 3% rate of dying. Of course everyone should be careful and the countries' health organisations should be on the look out, but as far as restricting your travel plans, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Except for Makiy0!

happy

It does sound like right now is not a good time to travel in Asia. Hopefully in a few months though it will all be over, who knows, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Hey Vali, what do you mean by that....

Thanks
    SARS or not, I am still coming this June!!
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Vali Guest
    Well for the rest of us we are only travelling into Thailand from a Western country (for the most part at least)

Whereas you are travelling from Singapore, and as you said it is one of the hot zones for SARS... the government might put on tighter restrictions. I doubt it though, they don't want to lose any MORE tourism money!

Thanks
    Yes Vali, there have been tighter restrictions imposed on tourists arriving from SARS affected countries. Restrictions such as tourists from these countries are to wear a face mask while visiting Thailand. Also if the plane coming from the affected country has even a single SUSPECTED SARS carrier, everyone on board will be quarantined for 14 days upon touch down in Thailand. Talk about strict...

Thread Information