Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

A little bit from my travels on You Tube.

Hi,

I have had a bit of time on my hands as of late due to surgery, I have had a total knee replacement therefore no travel for me for a year or so. However I forgot about the Go Pro which had some stuff on it and downloaded its contents, a friend kindly edited some footage for me so here it is if you would like to take a look. I am by no means good at this stuff but maybe I can do better next time. Its only just under ten minutes long and here is a description of what's on it.

The holiday started of well with an upgrade to first class, never expected that, so after take of it was up to the cocktail lounge for some champagne.

The scene in the bar with the lady on the swing was at AVA bar in Soi 11 Sukhumvit, its a nice place with good music and ambiance, a great place to relax.

The Temple is Doi Kong Moo in my favourite place Mae Hong Son, I actually could not see a thing it was so bright and hot that particular day.

Then there is the bamboo bridge a must for anyone visiting Mae Hong Son, they put those little terracotta light things on the post when it gets dark, amazing place.

The following was late evening after midnight by Nongjonkhum Lake Mae Hong Son when I stumbled on a live film set for face whitening cream, oh how I love Thai acting, so I filmed the film shoot.

Then there was Mon Jam a beautiful place in the mountains of Chiang Mai, again if you can have a visit.

Lady boy show, I could not resist it, a small charge to pay and a beer included, this is in the centre of Chiang Mai night bazar.

Next is Pattaya walking street, crazy place the best of times, at least I was not carrying a flag on a stick, I had the camera. The ice bar is a great place to cool down with reasonably priced drinks.

The singer in the next clip is from a lovely Karaoke bar in Chiang Mai, not one of those rip you of joints where you end up with a massive bill.

A short night time scene showing how peaceful and serene Mae Hong Son is at night.

The last clip short that it is was the end of my birthday party in Ho Chi Min Vietnam where we had a dinner cruise, that was exceptionally cheap and a lovely end to the evening.

So that is about it, hope you enjoy.

Billy.
    Last edited by Khun Don; 17-07-17 at 01:26 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (17-07-17), Marie (18-07-17), Susana (17-07-17), taszmaniac (19-07-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 3,367 Posts

Re: A little bit from my travels on You Tube.

Hey Billy! Wondered where you got to! Hope you recover soon-dreaded 'plumbers knee' was it?
    Last edited by Khun Don; 17-07-17 at 12:39 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (17-07-17)

Thanks

Khun Don, It was arthritis what with building and heavy work all my life. So pleased I had it done, the doctor straightened my leg and now my foot faces forward so I can walk normally and not like a penguin..lol. Its been pretty hard after the op but getting there, the pain from having a knee sawed of was pretty much nothing, it was the physio and muscle pain after. So I have a fair bit of time on my hands whilst of work to plan a trip as and when.

Billy.

Thanks

Can appreciate a little how it was-I have arthritis in both knees. First made itself known in my left knee AM on Sat Aug 6th 2016-I know the date precisely because I was going on a photography course in Bristol. I went as it was far too late to cancel and spent the day in pain limping around Bristol-but it was worth it-I had not been for over 30 years-now it is an amazing dynamic and very photogenic place-and I learnt a lot.

My arthritis is now under control with ointment.

Which Go-Pro did you get? Hand held or head mount ? Your video ( I can implant it on this thread if you like) is the first footage I have seen not taken from a cycle-it looks very good indeed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (17-07-17)

Thanks

Go Pro Hero Black I think it is, I am very unfamiliar with these now most popular cameras, not sure if I understand the implant on the thread, but feel free to do it. All the filming was with a selfie stick, Dam hard to concentrate at times like on that bamboo bridge and keep it still, I had to be carefull I never fell over the side!. I will strive to try improve next time.

Billy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (17-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks for that info. Most interesting. Now take a look at your first post!

PS First Class looks comfortable!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (17-07-17)

Thanks

Oh my word Khun Don, looks good thanks, Yes first class was so unexpected, there where no overhead lockers I was allocated a wardrobe! I could not believe it, I think never again but who knows.

Thanks,

Billy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (17-07-17)

Thanks

Sending you a PM

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

billyboy (17-07-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,956 Posts

Glad you're getting along after the surgery, Billy. I know several people who have had knee or hip replacement. They all say the pain is terrible at first, but the end result makes it all worthwhile.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

billyboy (17-07-17), Khun Don (17-07-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,845 Posts

Hi Billy,

Glad to hear you're improving. For how long is your sick leave? Someone mentioned to me you said you're not used to getting paid without working. Haha Is that true? Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

billyboy (21-07-17)

Thread Information