Thanks

Difficulty staying logged in

After I login OK, when I go to another forum (within thailandqa) I see a message telling me I'm not logged in. I need to login again. It also happens for example if I'm logged in, reading a post and then go to reply - I have to login again.

I use Firefox (v54) on Linux, although I wouldn't imagine that's relevant?

Another point is about receiving instant email notifications of a thread I'm subscribed to. If I don't login to read the post, does the system inhibit further emails until I login to the forum again?

There's another forum I'm subscribed to that I notice uses vBulletin 4.2.3 (thailandqa has 4.2.2), using that one I have no issue with my first point above.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 3,314 Posts

Re: Difficulty staying logged in

How are you logging in? Is it: "User Name", Tick the "Remember Me" box beneath "User Name" , "Password", then "Log In"? -Have to ask this as if you do not do it in this order you get no chance to tick the "Remember me" box. If this is not the problem, please post back on this thread and I will refer the problem to Richard.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Bahtman (24-07-17), Marie (23-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    How are you logging in? Is it: "User Name", Tick the "Remember Me" box beneath "User Name" , "Password", then "Log In"? -Have to ask this as if you do not do it in this order you get no chance to tick the "Remember me" box. If this is not the problem, please post back on this thread and I will refer the problem to Richard.
    To be honest, no, I didn't tick the 'keep me logged in' box. I assumed (dangerous!) that ticking that would keep you logged in if you closed the tab in your browser and then returned later. Maybe not then.
    I've clicked it now and will monitor it, thanks.

About my second point: I didn't receive an email to tell me of this particular reply. In General Settings, I have Default Thread Subscription Mode set to Instantly, using email.
    Is there maybe something other I've missed?

Thanks for the reply, btw.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 3,314 Posts

I have looked at the control panel and the box for receiving admin e-mails is active. I will refer this on to Richard, however, I have a vague memory that this particular feature may have been disabled on the Forum software for some reason. I don't have access to this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Bahtman (26-07-17)

Thread Information