Thanks

Meeting women in Thailand, etiquette questions

Hello everyone. I have been to Thailand several times and have enjoyed many aspects of the culture.

Having come off of a relationship back home in the U.S., I became a member of a Thai dating site and have been in contact with several women that I would like to meet on my next trip.

A few live in Bangkok and one lives a little further out (Sa Kaeo she said).

One works at a gift shop near Thon Buri area, the other in a Japanese restaurant as a server, and the other owns a restaurant with her family.

I was wondering what kind of etiquette or protocol I should follow. I am older than these ladies (all in their late 20's to early 30's and I am in my 40's), and I have never been much of a dresser.

What would you suggest a good meeting spot for a quick introduction and meet? How would you dress for such an occasion? Any tips and ideas on what to talk about, etc., would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,130 Posts

Re: Meeting women in Thailand, etiquette questions

I might suggest you ask them a good spot for good meeting spot. Or, you might consider one of the many shopping malls - plenty of coffee shops and eateries.

Dress casual, but nice - no shorts.

If planning on meeting multiple ladies, you may want to come up with a scenario that allow you to excuse yourself. They may wonder why you can hang out more with them your whole visit. Maybe mention trips to other provinces or neighboring countries.

Do not rush into things.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Re: Meeting women in Thailand, etiquette questions

I would imagine this may go without saying but as Curt above mentioned, no shorts. A shirt with buttons and shoes, no open toes. And I second the mall suggestion. Nice and safe.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

Marie (09-11-17)

Thread Information