Thanks
    Thanked 5,186 Times in 3,339 Posts

‘Proof' of Rohingya-set fires in Myanmar fails inspection

‘Proof' of Rohingya-set fires in Myanmar fails inspection
    12 Sep 2017 at 14:33 9,002 viewed6 comments
    WRITER: AP AND ONLINE REPORTERS

In a stunning example of "real" fake news, the "Muslims" featured in photographs provided during a government-controlled tour as evidence that Rohingya were setting fire to their own homes turned out to be the same Hindus -- dressed up as Muslims -- that journalists had interviewed earlier.

MORE: BANGKOK POST

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Susana (18-09-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,116 Posts

Re: ‘Proof' of Rohingya-set fires in Myanmar fails inspection

They are learning from CNN!
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

No learning from fox news LOL

Thanks

No, it is actually CNN that has been documented dressing up, posing , and scripting "news".

"Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Whatever
    Of course all news is staged and scripted.
    Fox just tells outright lies they never woorry about a script or factsl
    as long as it sells they will say anything to keep their viewers.
    And as long as thier viewers hear what they want to hear they are happy they never worry if it is true or fake. they couldn't care lessl

Thanks

Thanks

Why not toss in Snopes and Wiki? They have no slant ....

From your link:

" We use our news judgement to pick the facts we're going to check ... "

Now, do we assume they pick the same stories for all the networks? Really?

Maybe they need to pick more true Fox stories and more false CNN stories, just to appear balanced ...

I don't "watch" much TV news. I get my news from other sources and my own research.

All broadcast news plays to an audience. Fox happens to play for the USA's biggest audience.

Whether or not you agree or believe what they report, the majority of US TV news watchers follow them.

What I find curious is that so many people blindly believe "news" networks owned by massive multinational corporations - corporations that the "news" is supposed keep in check. Fox, at least, started out close to a century ago as a news service and is still owned by media companies.

Speaking of Fox propaganda, case in point:

The problem with US politics is that you have the West Coast and the East Coast. Unfortunately, there is that troublesome rest of the country. Neither side seems to be able to fathom the other. Instead, they simply cast aspersions.

You once implied that maybe I need to find a better class of friends. My many friends and neighbors range from moto-taxi drivers and khao gaeng cart operators, to doctors and other professionals. I even have a friend that reports directly to The General. My gawd, what a goat-ropin' mess of diverse opinion I have to sort through!

My taste in "news" also follows the same eclectic path. I don't smother myself with one sided news and opinions. As you know, I lean towards conservatism. However, many of my conservative acquaintances insist I am liberal.

One of my long time friends - met in Cub Scouts - who often visits me from the States is a New York based lifelong liberal. His confessed sole source of news is the New York Times.

We disagree on many topics. We have heated discussions. Sometimes I win him over to my side; sometime he wins me over to his side.

In the end, we have always remained great friends. We respect each other and never view the other as foolish or stupid. We both know that disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are wrong. We both have had our share of pie in the face.

Thread Information