Thanks

'Large Thai Font' extension for Firefox - techies, can you help?

Hi all

'Large Thai Font' is a really useful Extension for Mozilla Firefox which lets you right click on any webpage and increase the font size of the thai text (so that it's big enough to actually read).

Mozilla is soon making a big change to the structure of its Extensions. All Extensions must be updated to be compatable with the new system (in Firefox 57, due around December 2017). The guy who developed the original Large Thai Font Extension has no plans to update it, so I guess it will cease to be.

Does anyone here have the time and skills to update it (and maintain it, going forward)?

It is open source code. I have had some correspondence with the developer and he is happy for someone else to take it on. I have the code, which I can give you.

I have no vested interest. I am just a user who thinks he couldn't live without it, so I'm looking around for someone who could keep it alive. I'd do it myself, but it is beyond my tekkie skills.

Could anybody help ?

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Re: 'Large Thai Font' extension for Firefox - techies, can you help?

On a Mac, all one has to do is hit the command key and then +. The entire page enlarges.

In Windows, I am sure there is a similar keystroke combo.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Yes, it's Cntrl and + in Windows.

But usually if you make everything bigger, then by the time the thai script is big enough to read, then the western characters are so big you only fit about ten words on a page.

In contrast, the Firefox Extension only increases the size of the thai script, so that everything (both roman and thai text) is at its own, sensible, size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SingSorng View Post
    Hi all

'Large Thai Font' is a really useful Extension for Mozilla Firefox which lets you right click on any webpage and increase the font size of the thai text (so that it's big enough to actually read).

Mozilla is soon making a big change to the structure of its Extensions. All Extensions must be updated to be compatable with the new system (in Firefox 57, due around December 2017).
    It has been possible to use the extension via the Firefox Extended Support Version up til a week ago (Sept 2018) when the ESR version stopped being supported. If you want to use LargeThai going forward, it is still working in browsers Waterfox and Pale Moon.

HTH

Thread Information