Thanks
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 3,387 Posts

Myanmar army chief denies mass exodus of Rohingyas

Myanmar army chief denies mass exodus of Rohingyas

12 Oct 2017 at 18:32 859
    WRITER: REUTERS

YANGON: Rohingya Muslims are not native to Myanmar, the army chief told the US ambassador in a meeting in which he apparently did not address accusations of abuses by his men and said media was complicit in exaggerating the number of refugees fleeing.

MORE: BANGKOK POST

Thanks

Re: Myanmar army chief denies mass exodus of Rohingyas

Just saying something does not make it so. How often do criminals and wrong-doers just come out and say "yes - we did it".

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kfchugo For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (14-10-17), Susana (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 680 Posts

This business parrallels the hamas terrorist attacks against Israel. Retaliation upsets the terrorists, and they try to get sympathy from world media. islam compels them to attack non believers, and many countries are standing up to it. Israel. Myanmar, and now The Phillipines. I applaud the Myanmar govt for taking the hard line on terrorism. Stamp it out at the root.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Thanks

Hi

This has been going on for hundreds of years.
    To label and think this is about terrorism or Islam is Ludacris.

It is about one religion wanting to kick out another .

It is much more like Bosnia. in the 90's way before Iss and islamophobia.

but so much easier for simple minds to blame on one religion that is different than theirs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,139 Posts

I'm surprised a certain someone was able to get beyond the Thai gold digger myth ....
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

So, the isis supported violence in southern Phillipines, the continual bombings in southern Thailand, ARSA attacks against Myanmar, are caused by islamaphobia? That's a good one. If so, let me be the first to extend my sincere apologies to the poor victims of all of these islamic attacks. I had no idea that my warnings were actually the cause. What a wacky world we live in.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,139 Posts

Many of the muslims, in the south of Thailand, have fled the south of Thailand. I guess they must suffer Islamophobia.

The West is hit with a bombing here, a shooting there, and another attack somewhere else. Many respond with a desire to wipe out the Middle East and/or Islam.

The West, on the other hand, wipes out entire cities and villages, kills tens of thousands of "collaterals", and we label their resentment as "radical".

What a wacky world we live in.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

Thanks

Hi

Islamophobia is not the cause of anything .Like any other phobia it is caused by an irrational fear of something usually unfounded. Like fear of dogs. heights. flying snake. But with research and correct data can be overcome if desired. Or at very least managed so you don't run in fear or want to kill every time you see a dog or snake.

I have a phobia for snakes but I know that they are beneficial and most are harmless. Only a few are dangerous. For me to say Kill all snakes would be ludicrous.

Thanks

The bengalis have attacked, and been sent packing. Their religion does not allow them to live in peace, anywhere in the world. Sadly, the Australian government is now having to erect concrete bollards around government offices and public areas. Thanks to cultural enrichment by a particular religion of peace. Deny, dodge the facts, whatever. Supporting them encourages them.
    We have two young children living with us. Already have had a dog killed by snake bite. To ignore the potential for a child being killed by a snake, is stupidity. Any risk assessment, would suggest removal of snakes. Elimination is the first course of action.
    Risking innocent lives to appease political correctness is as stupid as it gets. We would all like to live in peace, but reality is what it is. Logic is beyond some people.

Thread Information