Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Re: Announcement of closure of the Paknam Web Forums

Its been good the past fifteen years or so I think I have been here, but never mind all good things come to an end, its been a pleasure meeting and chatting with all you guys and girls during this time, good bonds and friendships have been made and great travel trips and adventures fulfilled. Take care everyone enjoy life and good health and happiness to you all!

Billyboy is signing out. Byeeeee.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

emu (10-11-17), homejames (11-11-17), Marie (08-11-17), Richard Barrow (08-11-17), Susana (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 3,367 Posts

billy-check your PM please.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,130 Posts

I'm going to miss Khun Don's news updates the most. Maybe he should fire up a freebee site to post them!
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (08-11-17), Marie (08-11-17), mikeheart (08-11-17), Richard Barrow (08-11-17)

Thanks

Thank you Marie for letting me know about this via email.

I am sad to hear the news. We had a good time here for a long time. Unfortunately life got in the way and I drifted away, hardly coming back.
    But it was comforting to know that when I did come back the regulars would be here.

I've got a pretty big server, hosted on Rackspace. I wonder if we could work something out, or even if it would be worth it.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (09-11-17), Marie (08-11-17), mikeheart (08-11-17), Spiritvn (08-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post

I am sad to hear the news. We had a good time here for a long time. Unfortunately life got in the way and I drifted away, hardly coming back.
    But it was comforting to know that when I did come back the regulars would be here.

I've got a pretty big server, hosted on Rackspace. I wonder if we could work something out, or even if it would be worth it.
    We will keep the lines open. Thanks for the offer.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Jerome (08-11-17), Khun Don (09-11-17)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post

Same here, and other members are willing to support the server cost, i sent Richard a message on Facebook, hope he could read and reply.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiritvn For This Useful Post:

emu (08-11-17), kfchugo (08-11-17), Khun Don (09-11-17), Marie (08-11-17), mikeheart (08-11-17)

Thanks

I have met nice friends and learned alot from here, I feel like I'm losing my lovely friend.
    Thank you very much indeed.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chur For This Useful Post:

emu (10-11-17), kfchugo (10-11-17), Marie (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,846 Posts

Yes, Chur, I remember you met up with Billy, Gregfaye, Dot, and others. You even fetched a few from the airport! Very kind of you!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Chur (10-11-17), emu (10-11-17)

Thanks

Hi

After reading this thread it is easy to see why Paknam Web's time has passed.
    It went from a viable cutting edge first of it's kind on the web, to a coffee klatch.
    Where a few old friends with similar beliefs meet. and talk about mundane things. Like a bunch of retired men at local dinner Or a bunch of old rummies sitting at their favorite watering hole all day saying the same BS over and over Anyone without similar beliefs felt unwanted or marginalized . Hard to make a profit without new blood. IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,258 Times in 678 Posts

There has been a declne of contributors. Those who start threads, and continue them. Mouserkm is a good example. Very interesting. Paulau, even though not many agreed with him, he laid himself open to criticism, and parried in the banter.
    We had Nu's cooking, and many others. People move on. Overall, this has been one of the most respectfull sites.

I have made and met many friends here, and they are very nice people. A tribute to the character of the forum.
    I would hope that the richness of the community will not be lost. Good luck all.
    If it's not true, don't say it. If it's not yours, don't take it. If it's not right, don't do it.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emu For This Useful Post:

homejames (11-11-17), kfchugo (11-11-17), Khun Don (10-11-17), Marie (10-11-17)

Thread Information